Cool thread I have 450 also so this should be intersting to see how it turns out when it's done. The tank is already starting to look better. Keep up the hard work, will pay off in the end.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
At home safe!
![]()
Part of the rockwork taken off
![]()
Some serious silicone lol
![]()
Took the old MASSIVE overflows out
![]()
Few days skimmate on the 210g that was set up... had to try it out :) The collection cup is 18 inches in diameter = alot of skimmate
![]()
Monster MR-1 media reactor using it for carbon
![]()
Have you considered venting at all? I have a 450g also, basement in-wall, and needed a whole house dehumidifier!! If I had been closer to an outside wall, I would've isolated the room with vapor barrier and vented outside with air-air exchange! This beast (along with sump) will prob evap 5+ gallons per day!!
Very nice! I like the rock wall, could you tell us more about it? How are you going to rockscape the tank with the wall.. make it more of a minimal foreground?
Really coming together nicely and I love the Marco rock. I am definitley going to be using it on my next build. Great "frag pack" you got there as well. I can't wait to see a FT of this beast.
Sweet looking tank CCombs and really coming along nicely. I cant believe the amount of work to clean up that tank with the rock wall and silicon. How long did it take you?
Wholly !!@%, that's a beast! Can't wait to see it all up and running. Are you going to plumb the tanks together?
CJ
How many people did it take to carry that thing?
How many tanks are you going to plumb together, and was it the electricity cost that was the deciding factor for plumbing it all together?
Roger that on the costs. I assume you plan to run plenty of carbon since you have a softy tank and an SPS tank plumbed together?
CJ