46 bowfront

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 46 bowfront planing on doing a few things over the next week
-a full scrub down of the rocks and re aquascape to get ahead of the hair algae.
-set up new powerhead wave make
-diy pvc overflow and sump

20160229_174617.jpg

OP
OP
Victoriajoybrewer

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: lights just came on so frogspawns hasn't opened up yet but Imy loving the kessil light I've seen so much growth in my corals. And an explosion of coralline algea. I've been using the red sea foundation and colors supplements along with feeding red sea reef energy. Hopefully upgrading to a larger 4ft tank soon. So I can get a pair of Darwin clowns a captive bred blue tang and a pair of captive bred mandarins. If anyone has good leads on where to get a large 4ft long tank or the fish In Michigan let me know.

148458886682657273159.jpg

OP
OP
Victoriajoybrewer

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to sell my kessil to pay for med Bill for my son and with a new baby the tank got neglected a bit. (I can deffinatly say that kessil kept the corals growing even with a horrible dosing g schedule and no water changes for 6 months. I've Only lost a few zoas and lots of frog spawn to a hungry emerald crab(hes gone now). Adding a fuge and an apex that I won from brs and plan to get some new kessils soon. Lights are still out but my monti has tripled in size and the candycanes that I started with about 7 heads are over 100 heads now.

OP
OP
Victoriajoybrewer

Victoriajoybrewer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frogspawn are starting to grow back hoping they continue. Added an orchid dottyback and seriously love how the scales have an iridescent blue hue at times. For more updates be sure to check out my Instagram @Victoriajoybrewer

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back