48x24x16 Lowboy Build

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

421006D5-E2F7-4F8F-BDEA-90946E30040B.jpeg
421006D5-E2F7-4F8F-BDEA-90946E30040Bdd.jpeg

Green outline is the face.
Yellow is the eye
Red is the nose
white is the mouth
pink is the hair with the anenome being the mohawk and the part under the ear.
I pity the fool!
yahoo tv periscope GIF

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed my handle from the @NJTaxMax to the @BroccoliFarmer. It's funny, every time I see the word Broccoli, I have to double check to make sure I spelled it right. Maybe I should have chosen an easier name!!

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed my handle from the @NJTaxMax to the @BroccoliFarmer. It's funny, every time I see the word Broccoli, I have to double check to make sure I spelled it right. Maybe I should have chosen an easier name!!
Oh it's you LOL

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broccoli boy....how are your lights and tank doing?
Doing great honestly. Just got a shipment in from @AquaSD. Honestly don’t know what to do with all of the acans. I went overboard and now I’m pondering. Overall tank is VERY HAPPY

Attachments

• 51C892DD-054F-409C-9189-2B2B4E86334E.jpeg
    51C892DD-054F-409C-9189-2B2B4E86334E.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;JawdropWow did you ever get a lot of acans!!!!!!

Glad it's doing better
It’s doing a great. Little bit of rusty cyano on the sand but everything else is happy as a clam although, I don’t have clams in my tank so I have no idea how happy that is

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not going to lie to you just before I got my NooPsyche lights..I was really on the verge of giving up on a reef tank. I had dinos, Hair algae, turf algae, bubble algae, and cyano. My corals wouldnt keep and I went through a small fortune rushing it. Low and behold, I made a couple of changes (regularly dosing Nitrate and Phosphate through a dosing pump, went to a scheduled Kalkwasser dosing, did some pretty aggressive scrubbing and algae removal and added a properly sized clean up crew) and low and behold my tank is doing AMAZINGLY. Besides a small level of ulva algae riding the back of a few snails..all of my algae is gone. What little shows up, my hermits get on it within a day. So much of my algae is gone I am actually worried if my clean up crew will have enough to eat!!! Yikes. I still have a few dino bubbles here and there but no where close to how bad it was when my Nitrates and Phosphates would bottom out. The only REAL issue I have right now is a level of cyano on my sand. Not sure how to clean that up but it is not overwhelming, just a few rusty spots here and there. Broccoli Boy is happy!!

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you are old when you buy your own Christmas presents for your wife and kids to wrap for you. I went out and bought the 75 watt @noopsyche reef light last night after I failed to win the latest giveaway. *shrugs* I remember the time when Christmas was more about the magic, family and traditions. Now it is just some obligatory swap meet, or even worse, a cash exchange. My brother in law literally comes down, opens his wallet and hands my family money. Really debating this year if I am even going to try with him. What type of message would it send that right after he opens his wallet and hands me money that I put the money in my wallet, put my wallet in my back pocket then loudly say 'Oh and I got you something too', take out my wallet and give him his money back?!?

I miss the old Christmas magic...but hey, I got another fantastic light and my reef is going to look AWESOME!!!

Party Wow GIF by Max Amini

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is this week's addition of @noopsyche 's record your reef video. Really not much to report other than things still are looking great. Got a pretty large shipment of acans from @AquaSD. I created an acan island down in the middle. Got a bubble coral up and under the return jet, a couple of candy canes that and a greenish torch that i will be attaching to the higher rockbase after they acclimate. I havent seen significant growth but I can say that my tank has been the happiest it has ever been.

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is this week's addition of @noopsyche 's record your reef video. Really not much to report other than things still are looking great. Got a pretty large shipment of acans from @AquaSD. I created an acan island down in the middle. Got a bubble coral up and under the return jet, a couple of candy canes that and a greenish torch that i will be attaching to the higher rockbase after they acclimate. I havent seen significant growth but I can say that my tank has been the happiest it has ever been.

Looking great! Love the island!

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoiler Alert: Rant coming

Not going to lie to you everyone, the sudden influx of 'Black Friday' marketing just really turned me off. I was on a highly attended web cast last night for a particular retail company watching people make a big deal about the sales and the giveaways. Low and behold, EVERYONE has the exact same sales on the exact same equipment all starting on the exact same day. In addition to that, they reused the exact same sales gimmick to try and goose sales that annoyed people last time and the only people really taking the hit are the manufacturers. No wonder venture capital firms are taking an interest in the hobby. Thank goodness I am done buying all of my equipment and don't have to play this game anymore. And given that I made a promise to support the little guy, I made a purchase with @SaltwaterAq last night instead of the big boys because I wasn't going to fall for the same sales gimmick.

End Rant

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Spoiler Alert: Rant coming

Not going to lie to you everyone, the sudden influx of 'Black Friday' marketing just really turned me off. I was on a highly attended web cast last night for a particular retail company watching people make a big deal about the sales and the giveaways. Low and behold, EVERYONE has the exact same sales on the exact same equipment all starting on the exact same day. In addition to that, they reused the exact same sales gimmick to try and goose sales that annoyed people last time and the only people really taking the hit are the manufacturers. No wonder venture capital firms are taking an interest in the hobby. Thank goodness I am done buying all of my equipment and don't have to play this game anymore. And given that I made a promise to support the little guy, I made a purchase with @SaltwaterAq last night instead of the big boys because I wasn't going to fall for the same sales gimmick.

End Rant
Rant away!
criminal minds rant GIF by CBS

OP
OP
B

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rant away!
criminal minds rant GIF by CBS
My favorite is a certain somebody advertising a ‘door buster’ at the exact same discount everyone else is giving. I gotta say this is as disingenuous as google pixel’s ‘inclusive camera’

how about the super ultra monochromatic rainbow once in a life time , exclusive to everyone door buster?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My favorite is a certain somebody advertising a ‘door buster’ at the exact same discount everyone else is giving. I gotta say this is as disingenuous as google pixel’s ‘inclusive camera’

how about the super ultra monochromatic rainbow once in a life time , exclusive to everyone door buster?
"Stock" frag. Unlimited quantities.

Back