5 Gallon Pico Setup: Working on a Budget

Blenny&Co.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've worked with freshwater aquariums for a couple of years, so I tried to get into saltwater aquariums in September 2020. I didn't have much of a budget at the time, so I tried to keep it as budget-friendly as possible. I've attached a Google sheet which documents all my purchases in relation to this aquarium. Since its a 5 gallon, as well as my first venture into salted tanks, all the corals are pretty hardy (Kenya Tree, GSP, Shrooms) to avoid major losses. Overall, I think its going well, just with the slight issue of diatoms coming back on occasion and my zoas dying, for which I cannot figure out. Looking forward to see how this tank develops.

Google Sheet:

Cycling (Sept.-Oct.):
IMG_8421.jpg
1 1/2 Months (Nov.):
IMG_8690.jpg
4 Months (Jan. 2021):
IMG_8847.jpg
Random Goby Shot:
IMG_8846.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty side, my first SW tank was a 3 gal. Pico tank which very quickly changed to a 8gal. Nano and upgrades go on and on. Looks like your off to a good start :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new