5 stage RODI & how can I produce more water faster?

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, I have a 5 stage rodi system that currently gets about 50 PSI and 5 gallons for every 2 hours. Is there anything I can do to increase this a bit?

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y;es get a booster pump to take your water pressure up... they sell a device called an ro buddy that is actually very good for this... or you can diy a pump, but the ro buddy is pretty much not more than the parts cost to build it yourself is why i highly recommend it

OP
OP
reefah

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y;es get a booster pump to take your water pressure up... they sell a device called an ro buddy that is actually very good for this... or you can diy a pump, but the ro buddy is pretty much not more than the parts cost to build it yourself is why i highly recommend it
Thank you so much!

OP
OP
reefah

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RO buddy and it works well tho I have never timed it. I have a float valves on both of my containers so
I just let them run, usually over night. If you go that route be sure and remove your flow restrictor.
Thank you for the tip! This is perfect!

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many GPD is your RO/DI?

The RO buddy is nice, but it does max out at only 100GPD.
if you system is larger than that, you are probably better off with the Aquatec 8800 or 8852 booster pump. That one is good up to 200 GPD.

if you do have a 55/100G GPD system currently, but think you might go up to a 150 GPD system eventually, the RO buddy pump won't be sufficient and would also need to be replaced.

You can get a 8852 kit, complete kit with all needed selonoids, switches, and even an extra pressure gauge for like $140 total so that is usually what I recommend. Google "SET88 booster" to find the whole kit for $138.

OP
OP
reefah

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many GPD is your RO/DI?

The RO buddy is nice, but it does max out at only 100GPD.
if you system is larger than that, you are probably better off with the Aquatec 8800 or 8852 booster pump. That one is good up to 200 GPD.

if you do have a 55/100G GPD system currently, but think you might go up to a 150 GPD system eventually, the RO buddy pump won't be sufficient and would also need to be replaced.

You can get a 8852 kit, complete kit with all needed selonoids, switches, and even an extra pressure gauge for like $140 total so that is usually what I recommend. Google "SET88 booster" to find the whole kit for $138.
This is awesome. I might end up going with this!! thank you for your input!

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to a 1200gpd unit that growers use and added a booster pump to it and then run through anion and cation RODI resin. I can make 55g in like an hour

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back