50 gallon Lee Mar build

red13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2014
Messages
119
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months back I started a build thread on a 30 gallon Mr Aqua that I had drilled, and was almost ready to fill, when I dropped a bulkhead and cracked the tank. Well, I guess it was meant to be, because I found a 50 gallon Lee Mar 2 sided star fire. The tank has been up and running for awhile now, and the bio cycle is done, and diatoms are finally gone. So for the good stuff:
Lighting : 6 bulb Hamilton with ATI lamps
Sump: eshopps
Skimmer: eshopps psk 120
Return: Rio hyperflow 17
Powerheads: saving for it now
Dosing: glh 3 head, and marine magic (more)

All the live rock, was bleached and soaked in ro/di and sun dried between each step, went through the process twice to make sure rock had no hitch hikers, then I cycled on silver sides.

Current live stock is a pair of blacker ice and a starry blenny.

IMG_20150825_010707436_zpsfvj4iicb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150914_162758916_zpsgm17h6rl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
IMG_20150914_162758916_zpsgm17h6rl.jpg
 
IMG_20150825_010707436_zpsfvj4iicb.jpg

A few pictures took me a minute to figure out how to post them.
I would love to hear what you think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new