500g Barebottom SPS Dominant

As everyone has said "very nice"

I hate to ask but have to.....

What was the cause of the crash?

That routine you posted has to be post crash, I cant imagine following a routine like that anything "bad" happening.
 
As everyone has said "very nice"

I hate to ask but have to.....

What was the cause of the crash?

That routine you posted has to be post crash, I cant imagine following a routine like that anything "bad" happening.




To bring everyone up to date; around Christmastime '11, I noticed a lightening amongst the SPS which progressed into a full blown tank crash within a few weeks. After about a month of investigation, I discovered that, somehow, copper had been leaching into the system. Even now, the source has yet to be found. It is NOT Kent carbon, Tunze magnets, or due to sabotage. I have checked into, disassembled, or replaced everything possible without a resolution. At this point, the copper poisoning appears to be diminishing quite a bit however. I have about 4-6 small SPS frags, several LPS, and all of my fish left. My plan is to create a mixed reef which will include specimens from both my main and my back ('LPS') tanks.

Frustrating not knowing the source after 3+ months though.

Oh, and yes, even with a routine like mine, these things can happen. Just far fewer times than to the hobbyist who neglects their maintenance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new