Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As everyone has said "very nice"

I hate to ask but have to.....

What was the cause of the crash?

That routine you posted has to be post crash, I cant imagine following a routine like that anything "bad" happening.

OP
OP

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As everyone has said "very nice"

I hate to ask but have to.....

What was the cause of the crash?

That routine you posted has to be post crash, I cant imagine following a routine like that anything "bad" happening.

To bring everyone up to date; around Christmastime '11, I noticed a lightening amongst the SPS which progressed into a full blown tank crash within a few weeks. After about a month of investigation, I discovered that, somehow, copper had been leaching into the system. Even now, the source has yet to be found. It is NOT Kent carbon, Tunze magnets, or due to sabotage. I have checked into, disassembled, or replaced everything possible without a resolution. At this point, the copper poisoning appears to be diminishing quite a bit however. I have about 4-6 small SPS frags, several LPS, and all of my fish left. My plan is to create a mixed reef which will include specimens from both my main and my back ('LPS') tanks.

Frustrating not knowing the source after 3+ months though.

Oh, and yes, even with a routine like mine, these things can happen. Just far fewer times than to the hobbyist who neglects their maintenance.

Back