50g fowlr to reef

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way lol I'm sure she knows all the hot spots

Well, I haven't been to a lot of them because I work at a fish store and I'm not big on leaving there to go to another one ya know? But I do know of a few that are local favs.
Apex Aquariums, Ocean Ave, Dallas North Aquariums, Franks Tanks, Fish Boutique and The Fish Gallery (the last one is where I work).
I want to tell you that some of these are notorious for terrible advice but great for selection. Others are great for advice and selection but have large price tags to go with it. We are more for great advice and good prices, out selection is only good when a new order comes in - like that same day lol.

She works at one lol

Eh. We're ok ;)

OP
OP
Maximizer

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I haven't been to a lot of them because I work at a fish store and I'm not big on leaving there to go to another one ya know? But I do know of a few that are local favs.
Apex Aquariums, Ocean Ave, Dallas North Aquariums, Franks Tanks, Fish Boutique and The Fish Gallery (the last one is where I work).
I want to tell you that some of these are notorious for terrible advice but great for selection. Others are great for advice and selection but have large price tags to go with it. We are more for great advice and good prices, out selection is only good when a new order comes in - like that same day lol.

Eh. We're ok ;)
Lol perfect. I'm sure I'll stop by if we have time. Probably can't take anything back except dry goods lol. I always enjoy looking because I don't have a fish store where I live.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol perfect. I'm sure I'll stop by if we have time. Probably can't take anything back except dry goods lol. I always enjoy looking because I don't have a fish store where I live.

Eh. We're ok ;)
Man now I wish i could come. It would be awesome if there was a place that we could all hang out......or a portal or something lol

OP
OP
Maximizer

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of course! Not that I spend the money on that type of thing - I'm too cheap for that fanciness
I might be as well lol I hear some people say it only makes a difference if you go thicker then 1/2". I've never seen low iron glass so it's hard to make that judgement.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be as well lol I hear some people say it only makes a difference if you go thicker then 1/2". I've never seen low iron glass so it's hard to make that judgement.

It's one of those things.... If I were going to pay the very large sum for a custom build, then I'd probably pay to have the low iron glass just to have the best all around.

OP
OP
Maximizer

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one of those things.... If I were going to pay the very large sum for a custom build, then I'd probably pay to have the low iron glass just to have the best all around.
Yeah I don't think I'm going to go custom yet. Trying to plan the biggest build possible on a budget lol.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't think I'm going to go custom yet. Trying to plan the biggest build possible on a budget lol.

Thats me right now. Putting a 180 in the wall of the living room. Getting a darn good deal from the store, but thinking real hard about my brand choice. I think I might just go with it and double check my homeowner's insurance before doing any major purchasing.... just in case ;)

OP
OP
Maximizer

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats me right now. Putting a 180 in the wall of the living room. Getting a darn good deal from the store, but thinking real hard about my brand choice. I think I might just go with it and double check my homeowner's insurance before doing any major purchasing.... just in case ;)
What brand? I bet you get some great deals working there. A 180g would cost me $1200 if i ordered one from the closest LFS. I feel that's slightly high. I need to check my home owners too before I get too big of tank inside lol

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand? I bet you get some great deals working there. A 180g would cost me $1200 if i ordered one from the closest LFS. I feel that's slightly high. I need to check my home owners too before I get too big of tank inside lol

I can do marineland or aqueon, though nobody has anything real positive to say about those brands in these larger sizes. I'm looking at a lot less than that for the tank alone. I'm going to have them build me a simple support stand as well though. even with that and to have the stand shipped to our store after being built, it will still be less than that. I like working at a fish store :D

OP
OP
Maximizer

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do marineland or aqueon, though nobody has anything real positive to say about those brands in these larger sizes. I'm looking at a lot less than that for the tank alone. I'm going to have them build me a simple support stand as well though. even with that and to have the stand shipped to our store after being built, it will still be less than that. I like working at a fish store :D
Yep, pretty jealous lol. Still looking at my options though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back