$520 for a single polyp?

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to get your guys opinion, I’m a super stick head and I’ve been looking for a RR jaw dropper for awhile but when I saw the price start to creep up on this tiny one polyp frag I just couldn’t do it. Anyone else think $520 for a single polyp is ridiculous?

45ED0BD1-F708-4ADA-A60D-35CC675563EE.png

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to get your guys opinion, I’m a super stick head and I’ve been looking for a RR jaw dropper for awhile but when I saw the price start to creep up on this tiny one polyp frag I just couldn’t do it. Anyone else think $520 for a single polyp is ridiculous?

In my opinion, I would never pay $520 for a coral that small, and it doesn’t seem like my type of coral interest

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t pay $500 for that mainly because it is an extremely slow growing coral. Thinh vu’s Jawdropper are 10 times that size, still small though, for $900 I think.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of the rarity or color of any coral, I will never spend more than $150. At the end of the day all of us have lost corals at some point, especially if you have been in this for years. $500+ for a frag... Are you kidding me? If this was the price of all frags I would definitely leave the hobby before playing into it... or start fragging some Xenia ;-)

U

User1

View Badges
These threads pop up daily and the general consensus is the same. Some say buy, some say don't buy. What people do with their money is up to them.

I did a search in the scientific field and sadly there is no species that returns with a tag or name of jawdropper. I see a pretty big list of what is recognized in the genus Acropora such as Acropora abrolhosensis or Acropora verweyi but nowhere did I see an Acropora Jawdropper.

Therefore I can only surmise that you are being taken advantage of...

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These threads pop up daily and the general consensus is the same. Some say buy, some say don't buy. What people do with their money is up to them.

I did a search in the scientific field and sadly there is no species that returns with a tag or name of jawdropper. I see a pretty big list of what is recognized in the genus Acropora such as Acropora abrolhosensis or Acropora verweyi but nowhere did I see an Acropora Jawdropper.

Therefore I can only surmise that you are being taken advantage of...
That's like saying since there is no species named saf1, or your actual full name for that matter, that therefore you or your genes don't really matter/exist, and we should disregard pictures of you or family resemblances etc. The fact is there are real differences between different color morphs of the same species of Acropora, just like there are real differences in people, the fact that we don't classify them scientifically is irrelevant. Keep in mind that I agree with you that this particular coral is way overpriced.

JayKim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually these things are photo shopped to look very colorful, but this looks very dull. What am I missing? is it rare? Maybe it need to grow out to get colors.

U

User1

View Badges
That's like saying since there is no species named saf1, or your actual full name for that matter, that therefore you or your genes don't really matter/exist, and we should disregard pictures of you or family resemblances etc. The fact is there are real differences between different color morphs of the same species of Acropora, just like there are real differences in people, that fact that we don't classify them scientifically is irrelevant. Keep in mind that I agree with you that this particular coral is way overpriced.

Hmm...well this could drag us down a rat hole so I'll say I believe I get your point.

DoobDob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500+ for a single polyp is crazy, I would wait for the prices to drop lol.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

You can find way better then this. I dont understand how people can even handle a frag that small and get it glued down. I also dont understand how that thing didn't die from that LOL

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred LOL, what a joke. You can definitely do much better than that. Try Pirate's Reef Corals, or Mythical Corals (Thinh Vu)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back