$520 for a single polyp?

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I paid $280 which if you know anything about this Coral is actually a great deal since it's already encrusted and starting new shoots it's called an investment I'll easily make my money back without even having to ship there's two people in town which are already waiting 2 buy a frag for $500 each so yeah great deal;)

I mean that is if it is the jawdropper or whatever it is called. Not sure how you can tell from 2 corallites. Just sayin.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I paid $280 which if you know anything about this Coral is actually a great deal since it's already encrusted and starting new shoots it's called an investment I'll easily make my money back without even having to ship there's two people in town which are already waiting 2 buy a frag for $500 each so yeah great deal;)

Full tank shot ???? Love to see the tank of a coral-speculator.

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any of you seen this coral in person? I have seen two colonies in person In different peoples tanks that can grow colorful corals and the jaw dropper is a brown coral. I don’t know why anyone would pay that much for it at all. I will drop coin on nice corals, but not on a name alone, this coral in my opinion is such a big waste of money.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems a lot of reefkeepers these days get excited over hyped corals very easily. I remember coming up in the hobby and people were held accountable for their pictures to look true to life. The corals that were hyped, had a good reason to be hyped and reefers understood why each coral was rare.
Now it seems like no one really knows why anything is priced high to begin with, and they just want the wow factor in their tank. There are tons of corals out there with huge price tags and these days too many people buy them trying to jump in and make some quick cash. Shoot, half of them have the same colors in them, how does that deserve a rare label? All these tenuis I can’t even tell apart. I remember people hyping the jd because of the crazy blue polyps, which makes sense, not many corals have them.
I have seen a few pics of mini colonies from people here that show pretty cool color on this coral. I would guess it’s a finicky piece so brown will be everyone’s first color.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no cornbread fan but why does that seem odd to you? It says right in the description that it's a frag similar to the one in the pic, not that exact frag.
Because it's just a way to sell the original frag that he bid up the price on. By him doing so it got people to start mentioning his name again and checking out the other auctions he has.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it's just a way to sell the original frag that he bid up the price on. By him doing so it got people to start mentioning his name again and checking out the other auctions he has.

I can see that I guess but the mentions I have seen from that auction were generally negative. I guess "any press is good press" or whatever the saying is but I don't see how making a bad name for yourself in this community helps your business. Again, I have never bought corals from cornbread and I'm not affiliated with him in any way. If someone wants to pay that much for that frag, good for them.

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note CB must use a magnifying glass and tweezers to mount most of his stuff lol.

Handling something that small by hand would be hard enough, small pieces are delicate doesn’t take much before they die.

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People can ask whatever they want and if someone pays then that's what they were willing to pay. $500 or whatever is not the same for everyone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back