$520 for a single polyp?

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everything that is available for sale, the price is determined by what the market is willing to pay. Just yesterday we saw Gem Tangs for $499 USD (down from ???). If people stop paying ridiculous prices, people will stop asking for them. Especially when it comes to frags, looks like pedigree breeds are all the rage now, won't be long before lineage certificates sell with them

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its people that are the problem not just vendors, for example a thumbnail size purple monticap on wwc Ebay auction ended at $41. Now it isnt a lot of money but that is a $15 coral at most... plenty more examples and it isnt going to change unless the hobbyist changes.

Its everyone that is buying at stupid prices for crap corals and even higher end ones that is too blame. Vendors only price the way they do because there are those that will pay stupid prices for some reason. If there wasnt a robust market you we would not see threads like this weekly.

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also wait a month or two. I hear TSA got two frags to grow out ;)
I didn't look at the name of the poster and thought TSA referred to Transportation Security Authority... Like TSA snagged two of these frags going through security at an airport and kept them to grow out and sell [emoji28]

Coral4coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it time frags like these go down in price and also give the hobbiest a chance to make a little money back. it makes the hobby more fun for me knowing I have something special in my tank actually worth something, and to be able to grow it and give back for a fraction of the price. Would I ever pay this for even a single frag though probably not it would have to be something very out of the ordinary

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on fb pages for reef scammers ...
he was banned from some fb auction pages as well for same reason. Well known for his crap
Wow what a bummer, He lives about 4 miles from me. When I first got into the hobby I bought my first coral off him. Didnt know he was a scammer...

Has awesome stuff tho but at crazy stupid prices.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never buy corals from cornbread especially auctions on e bay where he has few accounts and increases the bid ... my2cents :)

I bought 6 corals from cornbred via eBay. It was about $200 total and he threw in a couple of free frags. I feel like I got a good deal. I also knew when to stop bidding on things that were getting too high.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peace-out.gif

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't look at the name of the poster and thought TSA referred to Transportation Security Authority... Like TSA snagged two of these frags going through security at an airport and kept them to grow out and sell [emoji28]
LOL!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
$48 for a therapist session because If I would buy a polyp at this price- I NEED MY HEAD CHECKED !!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back