OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a small update! Actually pretty big haha. So I added mineral mud to the sump and right now there’s some crabs, chaeto, caulerpa and red ogo but of course the chaeto is covering everything
image.jpg
the tank itself is ok. The first anemone died in the power head. The guard didn’t work or something. I got 2 for a very good deal and new corals are Duncan, corky finger gorg, Grubes gorg ( got it like an hour ago) Right now the Duncan and Goni and somewhat closed up. Not sure maybe due to salinity swing as I was at the hospital for 10 days and my parents did not too off too much. The zoa garden has been over grown with Pandora zoas I will remove some and maybe add some other fast growing zoa just for color and hopefully it can keep the Pandora’s at bay
image.jpg

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. My tank is going through a bit of a rough time. Phosphates are elevated… nitrates virtually non existent. Ive heard mixed info…. Some people thay dried food like pellets contain more phosphates… but some say they contain less than frozen meaty foods. Any ideas?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clickbait no potatoes, jokes aside good looking tank. Sorry to hear that you are running through issues. Regarding your question it depends. if your fish eats all the food without anything settling in the rock and eventually decaying in there, there should be no difference. When feeding frozen make sure to defrost the cube in a cup and then add the food particles without the liquids and oils, instead of just putting the cube in there and let it defrost in the tank.

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clickbait no potatoes, jokes aside good looking tank. Sorry to hear that you are running through issues. Regarding your question it depends. if your fish eats all the food without anything settling in the rock and eventually decaying in there, there should be no difference. When feeding frozen make sure to defrost the cube in a cup and then add the food particles without the liquids and oils, instead of just putting the cube in there and let it defrost in the tank.
Got it thanks

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALRIGHT GUYS HERES THE UPDATE:
so a bit ago i went to hawaii and SOMEthing happened… unsure what happened but my corals moslty lived. Unfortunately all my fish died :( it was really sad … but that was months ago
65B641C8-CCB2-425B-9BAC-6E2E65B28194.jpeg

Its recently been powering through hardships. The fish are 3 clownfish, 2 cowfish used to be 2 dartfish but now only 1 lonely one cuz one jumped :( 1 6 line lined wrasse and 1 goby. There used to be a pipefish too but it got too close to my pumps :(

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back