55 gallon bowed front Reef build

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobby, so not too much to show. Working on my first reef tank. It's a 55 gallon bowed acrylic tank. The tank sits on a cherry stained wood stand. I bought the tank used which came with some equipment, 1 clown, and approximately 50 lbs. of live rock. Since receiving this tank in Nov. 2016, I have changed it a lot. I have learned so much from this so far and plan on always having a marine tank now. In a few years, when I've hit a much more comfortable experience base, I plan on starting a 110 gallon plus tank.
What I had starting out: 1 clown fish, 50 lbs live rock, 55 gal bowed tank, stand, inoperable skimmer, 3 bubble tip anemones, some misc equipment.

What I have now: Reef octopus 110 skimmer, Galaxy LED lamp, Hydor current pump, the same clown, the same bubble tip anemones (who have thrived and doubled in size!), 6 line wrasse, flame angel, arrow crab, scooter blenny, snowflake eel (who has since died for unknown reasons), various hermit crabs, emerald crab, various snails, zebra lobster, purple lobster, and a peppermint shrimp!

I plan on adding much more to this tank, especially in the way of various corals. I uploaded some simple before and after pictures. The one that has the 3 large rocks in a pile is how the tank was setup before I took ownership. Since that time, I have broken down some of that rock and molded it into a nice looking aquascape. Also since that time, I have seen a significant growth in purple algae; which I'm excited about.

image4.JPG
image3.JPG
image1.JPG

Let me know what you think so far! Thanks for checking it out!

Aaron

#reef2reef, #worldwidecorals, #mywwccontest

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back