OP
OP
Josh752

Josh752

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it would be a 4 foot 55 gallon tank. I would prefer the one spot foxface over a tang if that’s do able and I mean I’m literally getting everything else for free besides the tank and lights. I’m getting a sump protein skimmer and wave makers for free plus live rock for free and an roi system for free don’t know where else the cost is coming into play? But yah just based on space the 55 works better for me. So if a one spot fox face would work for life in that tank that would be awesome.

RandomUser7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're just trying to keep a mandarin, 2 clowns, and the foxface you may be able to get away with it as long as that foxface is the only big fish in the tank. Have plenty of rockwork in the tank and it may not be a terror although it easily could be once it hits that max size.

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, a foxface would work in a 55 gallon. Would it have its best possible life? Maybe not, but it would definitely be okay. Also, I believe a yellow tang would work in a 55. Not with a foxface, but you could have one or the other. A 75 is better, but a 55 will work.

OP
OP
Josh752

Josh752

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would much prefer the foxface! That’s kind of my idea was to have the foxface as the biggest and only larger fish in the tank. I want to try and keep a cleanup crew with a few shrimps and maybe a snail or 2? With a pair of clowns most likely just the common ocellaris and the mandarin down the road like a full year out I would want one. Then was thinking about maybe a coral beauty angel and a royal gramma and a 4 stripe wrasse or some other variety of wrasse and that’s about it. Do you all think it will be good with a stocking like that?

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would much prefer the foxface! That’s kind of my idea was to have the foxface as the biggest and only larger fish in the tank. I want to try and keep a cleanup crew with a few shrimps and maybe a snail or 2? With a pair of clowns most likely just the common ocellaris and the mandarin down the road like a full year out I would want one. Then was thinking about maybe a coral beauty angel and a royal gramma and a 4 stripe wrasse or some other variety of wrasse and that’s about it. Do you all think it will be good with a stocking like that?
Yes, make sure you get the fox face really small so you can have it for a long time in case it grows out your tank

OP
OP
Josh752

Josh752

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well exciting news possibly! What’s everyone’s opinion ? Found a 75 gallon pre drilled brand new tank never used still in wrapping someone is willing to sell for 175? Do you all consider this a good deal? Sorry I don’t know anything about the market for reef ready tanks or what they go for. Comes with all plumbing to.

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well exciting news possibly! What’s everyone’s opinion ? Found a 75 gallon pre drilled brand new tank never used still in wrapping someone is willing to sell for 175? Do you all consider this a good deal? Sorry I don’t know anything about the market for reef ready tanks or what they go for. Comes with all plumbing to.
That’s a steal imo

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back