55 Gallon Reef Tank Stocking

jonathan23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm starting up my first ever saltwater aquarium and I have a list of fish that I want to keep and I want to know if this is a realistic set of fish to keep in a 55-gallon reef. I'll be using a tidal 55 filter, reef octopus 100 skimmer, and two adjustable powerheads that can get up to 660 gph. Along with 60 pounds of rock and 100 pounds of sand (used for deep sandbed for a certain fish)
Anyways, I would like to know if it's realistic for me to keep:
a pair of ocellaris clowns
A Melanurus wrasse (Deep sand bed)
Midas Blenny
Diamond goby
Mandarin goby

Thanks, also if too much, name some smaller, similar replacements.

KorlL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait on getting a mandarin goby as they have a poor survival rate in newly established tanks.
And I would also like to warn you about the diamond goby as they will spit sand everywhere

OP
OP
J

jonathan23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait on getting a mandarin goby as they have a poor survival rate in newly established tanks.
And I would also like to warn you about the diamond goby as they will spit sand everywhere
Yeah, I was planning on adding the mandarin as the last fish if possible. Also, I want the diamond goby to help clean the deeper sand bed. Any recommendations on a fish that'll keep the sand clean that won't make a mess?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back