55 gallon stocking ideas

CLYRIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I plan to stock my 55 gallon soon and I want some ideas for the stocking list

These are the fish/invertebrates that I want for certainty : 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 hector's goby (I will add after the sandbed is more "established"), 1 red firefish, 1 cleaner shrimp, and cuc (mix of snails/hermit crabs).

I'm also planning on turning the tank into a reef tank with a mix of soft corals and LPS corals (mushrooms, hammer, torch, pulsing xenia, etc)

Any suggestions with any fish that would go well with the fish I want above? Also are there any "unique" fish that's not generally common to see that would be compatible with the fish I'm planning to get? Would love to have something that people don't usually see.

Thanks for any suggestions!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are always "unique" fish - but it depends on availability and your budget. Some may also outgrow a 55-gallon tank over time and others may need elaborate aquascaping to make them feel at home.

If you have a lid for your tank some wrasses could work out well. Anthias and chromis are other hardy choices. See my build thread (scroll back a few pages) for my current fish list if you'd like some ideas.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do some research and make sure what fish can go with each other without causing a big fuss between fishes haha. Best of luck to your tank though!! Can't wait to see what you end up stocking it with

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back