55 Gallon tank divider

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon set up with an Oscellaris and a Blood Orange both about the same size with a bta that hosts both. They are fighting constantly and I want to exchange one for an obviously smaller one at my local fish store. I also have a pair of Maroons (male is small). Can i put an eggcrate divider and divide the 55 into 2 tanks with the Maroons on one side and the Oscellaris on the other? Are there any potential problems? Neither larger female can get through the eggcrate but the smaller males might be able to at first. I would like to eventually get both pairs to spawn but until they do I want to enjoy them with the bta and corals I have. I also would like to get a second bta for the Maroons also.

Thanks

AquaPhilNJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure anyone has a better answer, but you can just try it and see what happens; at the same time thinking about what you want in the future and how this divider may affect that. However, it seems like you want a clown only fish tank. I'm not sure your experience level, you could consider a clown harem tank

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back