55g build

messiah35

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Green Bay
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here goes nothing.....

I bought this 55 a couple years back. Dragged it out of the garage a few days ago and I'm ready to dive in.

Here's what I've got so far....




estarting this thread with the proper size.
 
Dropped the filter of at my lfs. The owner is making some modifications for a submersible pump
 
What kind on mods are being made by the LFS? I also resurrected a 55g from 15 yrs. ago ~ 1yr. ago (if that makes sense).
 
What kind on mods are being made by the LFS? I also resurrected a 55g from 15 yrs. ago ~ 1yr. ago (if that makes sense).

Plugging up the return. Drilling a hole through the top so I can run a submersible. Swapping out the filter media for bio balls. New venturi pump.
 
Good luck with your build! :)
 
While I'm waiting fir the RO unit to make my water I'm aquascaping. Obviously I need more rocks, but you get the picture.

Also ordered the lights yesterday. Photon48 from Reef Breeders.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new