6 gallon cube aqueon

Adam.15R

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
fort riley
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 gallon aqueon rimless tank and was wondering if I can convert it to saltwater and have just a couple fish.
 
Acording to my minimalist search, the "Aqueon Team" recommends the tank for fresh or salt water. I think its a safe guess to say that the light will not be adequate for coral or anemone, but with two small fish if you keep up with water changes and put a nice piece of life rock in the tank you can probably keep a couple of fish. The other issue with small tanks is temperature swings, so don't put it in a window where the sun will shine on it and a temperature controlled indoor location to keep the water temperature stable between 74< Tank temperature<79, and top off evaporation with RODI.
Kirsten Gillibrand 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020
 
Personally I wouldnt keep multiple fish in there. Maybe a goby and shrimp combo would fit, but I still wouldnt do it. A small tank like that would make a more interesting invert tank, but having a small fish in there that never moves from one spot, would be boring for me.
 
Thank y’all for responding. I have a spare 20 gallon long that I’m going to turn into saltwater
 
I had one for awhile that was a reef tank. Now for a couple of fish,negative. Maybe a small neon gobie,sharknose goby,of clown goby but that is about it.

I had a 10" cube,aquacleae 30 filter,xpaqua ato and an AI prime 16hd and it was really all you needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new