6 line in a 32 biocube?

AJE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I have a 32 biocube reef with 2 clowns, 3 bangai cardinals, 1 firefish, 1 watchman goby, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint pistol shrimp and a tiger conch. Do you think a six line could be added. Ive heard mixed reports on them and wanted to be sure. If not I'm happy with how it is stocked so I'd be completely happy with not adding anything.

Eli57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I have a 32 biocube reef with 2 clowns, 3 bangai cardinals, 1 firefish, 1 watchman goby, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint pistol shrimp and a tiger conch. Do you think a six line could be added. Ive heard mixed reports on them and wanted to be sure. If not I'm happy with how it is stocked so I'd be completely happy with not adding anything.
Don't do it, my sixline had to be removed from my Biocube and then wreaked havoc on my 45 gal as well. Gave him to my lfs. I have heard many other people say the same.

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a sixline in my old biocube, he was the last fish added and was generally well behaved. I did try to move a fish that was having issues in my 90 over to the biocube and the sixline tried to kill it... Once they're established they don't take kindly to strangers, but he didn't harass anyone that was there before him in my biocube.

All that positivity aside, unless you have a pest problem that you specifically need a sixline to handle (i had zoa eating nudis), a different wrasse would be my suggestion. My yellow coris wrasse is a much better citizen than my sixline was.

Eli57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a sixline in my old biocube, he was the last fish added and was generally well behaved. I did try to move a fish that was having issues in my 90 over to the biocube and the sixline tried to kill it... Once they're established they don't take kindly to strangers, but he didn't harass anyone that was there before him in my biocube.

All that positivity aside, unless you have a pest problem that you specifically need a sixline to handle (i had zoa eating nudis), a different wrasse would be my suggestion. My yellow coris wrasse is a much better citizen than my sixline was.
Yeah, I had just moved the tank with him in it so that might have set him off. He hated the Neon Dottyback that was in there. He did clear out the amphripods in the 45 gal in about a week though.

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 6 line. He’s in a Fluval 13.5. Don’t plan on any more swimming mates for him.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo regardless of sixline behavior, I say you are maxed with 7 fish already.
+1. Even if you did add a sixline, he'd be very hit or miss (emphasis on miss) as he'd turn aggressive towards other tankmates due to stocking and space issues.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Presently have 2 sixlines. Both started out in a IM 10 nuvo(about a 8 gallon tank). Biggest one(1.75 inches) is in a IM 20 nuvo(about a 16 gallon tank) with a pair of clown fish. Been there for 2 years, no problems. Was last fish added. The other(1.25 inch) is in a IM 50 lagoon with a coral beauty,yellow tang,yellow tail damsel and a orchid dottyback, again no problems. Again was last fish added, been in there about 6 months. Both are great at pest control. I've had more problems from damsels than sixlines wrasses.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Presently have 2 sixlines. Both started out in a IM 10 nuvo(about a 8 gallon tank). Biggest one(1.75 inches) is in a IM 20 nuvo(about a 16 gallon tank) with a pair of clown fish. Been there for 2 years, no problems. Was last fish added. The other(1.25 inch) is in a IM 50 lagoon with a coral beauty,yellow tang,yellow tail damsel and a orchid dottyback, again no problems. Again was last fish added, been in there about 6 months. Both are great at pest control. I've had more problems from damsels than sixlines wrasses.
Of course, no fish is 100% anything! Glad to hear about your positive experience with sixlines. However, it would be worth adding that a sixline with the space and stock in OP's tank would most likely lead to aggression problems.

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you want a small, well behaved wrasse, get yourself a pink streaked wrasse. Mine is a model citizen and hangs out with my clownfish pair in the frogspawn colony that hosts them. Full of personality.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 line in my 32 Biocube, no problems. I added a yellow tailed damsel a few months later, he and my Royal gramma hassled it for a couple days but all have got along great for the past six months. I have 6 lines for many years and have never had the problems others have stated. It’s fun watching them hunt along the rock work all day. Current fish: 2x clowns, diamond watchman gobie, royal gramma, yellow tailed damsel and the 6 line. I do agree with has been previously mentioned, you are pushing the bio load for the size of the tank. Good luck.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that when first added the sixline and dottyback got into it pretty good with the dottyback(who is twice as big) loosing. For the first 2 months they hated each other but after that are fine.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back