6 weeks still cycling....

  • Thread starter Thread starter EpicWin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EpicWin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
468
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to tear down a 50 gal cube and replace the rock and sand bed. It was difficult because I has fish. I did a quick cycle using a handful of sand from my other tanks and some microbacter7.I added fish back after a week. 6 weeks later I still have 10 ppm nitrates and cyano. Cheto is growing like crazy and skimmer is rocking. Is this normal after 6 weeks?
 
Sounds fine. You possibly though could just have a nitrate issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new