OP
OP
pendulum

pendulum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with aiptasia and killing them is that with their dying breath, they spew out “babies”. I was using Aiptasia-x to kill a few aiptasia and they turned a few into a legion on babies.

If you only have a few now, it’s almost better to glob superglue over them and encase them like Chernobyl Reactor number 4.
Yes. I agree. In hind sight, it would have been smarter to have smothered/removed the few i had rather than poking the bear for science sake. I released 3 killers this week and will let the nudibranch earn their keep.

I'm glad to know the steripen works, also glad that i didn't buy an expensive spot treatment. It would be a full time job managing the spawn and ultimately they would survive in a crevice or overflow that i couldn't see or find.

The best lessons are the most painful and the perfect lesson is one someone else learned for you :)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH... Hold the phone. Two Aiptasia that looked ragged and dead that disappeared have now reappeared. Sigh. will zap them daily for the next few days and see if i ever killed them or only annoyed them enough to close up shop for a while. Will see how things go over the next few days.
All that you have done is annoyed them enough, so that they reproduced in my opinion you’ll find more in your tank. In other places now you could’ve just covered them in aptasia x and moved on.

OP
OP
pendulum

pendulum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that you have done is annoyed them enough, so that they reproduced in my opinion you’ll find more in your tank. In other places now you could’ve just covered them in aptasia x and moved on.
Yep, lesson learned. but no guarantee that aptasia-x would have not lead to the same spread.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I boil water on the stove, take a 10cc syringe or larger (no needle).. draw it up and then melt the **** out of them. They will turn clear after a few seconds then turn to goop... you can pull back and suck out any remains if you want. It is easy to flood any holes they try to hide in. They never come back from every cell of them being absolutely cooked to soup and it don't really cost a thing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back