60 Gallon Anemone Cube Build

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks, I may want to shift it over another couple of inches. I appreciate the tip

Yeah, you definitely don't want to wake up one day to find anemone soup or a clogged overflow. Either would be an unpleasant experience. ;)

OP
OP
A

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.... so its official!!!! Patience is hard. I planned on giving my tank a little more time to Mature, but someone local was breaking down their tank and was selling Anemones they have had for years. So, we have some anemones in the cube.

They are all doing great, a couple of them are a little stressed but nothing that I am overly worried about. Once they all color up I will post some pictures.

OP
OP
A

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long over do update to this build thread. My Marine Land 60 Cube busted at the seam, so that was a mess. This is the second Marine Land tank that I personally
cracked tank.jpg
know has busted.

OP
OP
A

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So made a trip to @WWC that day after putting everything in Brute trashcans and picked up a @Waterbox Aquariums peninsula 3620. While the peninsula tank was not ideal for the current kitchen placement I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Could not be happier with the tank!!!!!

Luckily none of my equipment was damaged and was able to make an easy transition. The KLIR 4 is working fantastic on it. I did have to buy a second 360x and an MP 40 for the new tank so it was an expensive day, but all and all I am very happy.

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank looks amazing. I'm looking to do the same thing with a small cube. Wondering how things are going before I start since I'd prefer to instatank this one and everyone says anemones need mature tanks. I don't see why that matters so long as parameters are stable. I'm assuming that repeated line is from the good old days when we could actually get lice rock that came half dead and needed real time to cycle the organics.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back