6055 battery back-up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a battery back-up for a 6055. I'll be using your 6105.50 Safety Connector, this battery - BATTERY, and this charger - CHARGER . I'm running an Apex controller.

I was wondering if there would be any value in automatically cutting the power to the 6055 periodically to test back-up functionality. I don't own the latest Apex EB832, which I think might more easily automate the reporting of any back-up failure. I do have EB8s, and if I'm clever enough I might be able to automate any failure reporting.

Do you think this would be of any value in monitoring the process? Or, should I just let sleeping dogs lie and physically test the back-up once a month by pulling the plug on the 6055?

Thanks in advance...

OP
OP
radiata

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additionally... I'm resuscitating an older 6055 for this project. What jumper do you recommend I use in the power block? (I've forgotten why they are even there!)

Thanks again...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jumpers are a way to set speed on old pumps if you have no controller, for full power you need 24V. Keep in mind the pump will not run when connected to the Apex, unless the Apex is also backed up. It will get a 0V (off) signal from the powerless Apex. I think the choice of charger and battery are fine, that battery will run a 6055 nearly a full day when fully charged. I would probably just test it manually periodically.

OP
OP
radiata

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jumpers are a way to set speed on old pumps if you have no controller, for full power you need 24V. Keep in mind the pump will not run when connected to the Apex, unless the Apex is also backed up. It will get a 0V (off) signal from the powerless Apex. I think the choice of charger and battery are fine, that battery will run a 6055 nearly a full day when fully charged. I would probably just test it manually periodically.
Thank you Roger!

Back