65g revival

Bigmurf

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
47
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it's official. After 10+ years of sitting idle, I am bringing my 65g drilled reef tank back to life. I had the the tank running for maybe 8 years then so many things happened. Power outages, a green brittle star that grew to 20 inches lol, I moved 3 times, etc. Now I'm settled into my home, my wife is on board and we're cleaning it up. The only things I have left are the tank,stand, and an old Coralie metal halide light that is missing the ballast.

Today I moved the tank to the garage and filled it with water and a half gallon of vinegar. The only leaks so far are from the piping which I will of course remove, clean and seal. I have alot of cleaning to do but I'm going to let it sit for several hours first.

I was trying to find a replacement tank but I haven't had any luck. I think this one will still be good tho, the silicone feels good but time will tell.

20210728_104206.jpg 20210728_104225.jpg 20210728_104311.jpg PXL_20210704_154600109.jpg
 
Kewl; a classic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new