65gal upgrade to 125gal!

Mounting lights and apex modules
20181218_085630.jpeg
20181218_131001.jpeg
 
Its wet and running! 5 days to make enough water. Finish getting the specific gravity where I want it tomorrow when it warms up. The other 2 lamps are on the old tank. I'm really happy with the light bar. I have some live rock and sand waiting and hopefully move the livestock from the old tank by next weekend!
20190427_201449.jpeg
20190427_201506.jpeg
 
Rock n sand! Went with the 80# of the Carib Sea reef sand seeded with a few pounds from the old tank. Half of the rock is Tokani out of the old tank that I've had for a long time and the other is Fiji and pukani. Also some Florida rock mixed in.
20190430_073631.jpeg
20190430_074855.jpeg
20190430_074909.jpeg
20190430_074850.jpeg
 
Moved all the fish yesterday. Only lost one chromis. Poor little guy was hiding in one of the rocks that I took out to catch the fish. The LTA settled in nicely over night and I moved the cinnamon clown this morning. It's a lot if fun seeing them with so much open room.
 
Thanks! It's a bit nerve racking for me moving fish from an established system
Totally get it. I'll be upgrading soon as well. In the past fish have handled upgrades better than corals, but we shall see and fingers crossed! :)
 
Totally get it. I'll be upgrading soon as well. In the past fish have handled upgrades better than corals, but we shall see and fingers crossed! :)
So I scraped all the coraline off a few months ago and the dosing pump got away from me resulting in an alkalinity spike, at the same time I switched from t5 to LED. that took care of all my sps. All I have left is a frog spawn my LTA and a few palys. Lesson learned but no corals to worry about. Good luck with your move! Do u have a build thread?
 
So I scraped all the coraline off a few months ago and the dosing pump got away from me resulting in an alkalinity spike, at the same time I switched from t5 to LED. that took care of all my sps. All I have left is a frog spawn my LTA and a few palys. Lesson learned but no corals to worry about. Good luck with your move! Do u have a build thread?
Nope, only a build thread in my head! lol. This will be coming to fruition in a couple of months.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new