66g AIO ready for livestock

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank ( 32" x 24" x 20") is finally cycled and want to add fish/inverts 1st, then corals. Obviously no more than 2 fish/month and CUC when needed depending on amount of algae. One of pix shows Kessil AP700 light and Mesh lid by Top Lids.
Also OT tank is cycled & ready to go ( IM Nuvo Fusion 20g) ( should be 3rd pic). For DT rockwork is glued together sitting on egg crate in approx. 2.5"-3" live sand. Will add 2 Maxspect XF230 gyre pumps on ea. side once i introduce corals later on. Here is list of fish I would like to add over period of several months and a 4 week QT. Royal gramma , Tail spot Blenny, 2-Banggai Cardinalfish ( captive bred), 2- Ocellaris Clownfish ( captive bred), Purple Firefish, Rainford's goby - MY Question is recommendations of what fish to add first and last?
INVERTS: eventually would like to add : Trochus snails ( up to 6); Cerith (up to 6) ; Nassarius ( 3 to 4)
Fighting Conch- ? ; Blue Tuxedo Urchin ; Blood Red Fire Shrimp & 2 Scarlet cleaner shrimp.
TIA.

20181029_212441.jpg

20181029_212451.jpg

20181029_212330.jpg

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you want to add your shy fish first so the purple fire fish and the tailspot, the last fish I would add are the royal grammas and banggai cardinals. Your tank looks great; can't wait for updates with fish

OP
OP
Johnny M

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you want to add your shy fish first so the purple fire fish and the tailspot, the last fish I would add are the royal grammas and banggai cardinals. Your tank looks great; can't wait for updates with fish

Great. Thanks much for the info.

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple fire fish first for sure. I’d try to get a captive bred Rainfords goby and wait till your sand bed gets more alive as the goby picks at sand. Fighting conch are cool I have 2 in my 69g. Royal gramma last for sure. I think a nice small fairy wrasse be nice addition also. Tank looks great

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized you have the seachem things that read ammonia and ph. I've had two and they never freaking worked

OP
OP
Johnny M

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized you have the seachem things that read ammonia and ph. I've had two and they never freaking worked

You mean the Seachem Alert Tag? Yes I have one in both DT & QT just to see how the NH3 is doing. I'm partially colorblind so I hate using the titration test and instead use the Hanna Checkers for everything except Nitrates ( use Nyos kit for that). For pH i use the AM Pinpoint monitor with probe - don't use probe that comes with it, always needs calibrating every 3-4 weeks. Instead I use the Neptune Lab Grade probe. It cost about $20 more but is good for 2-3months in between calibration and lasts for about 2+yrs. Pinpoint is only good for about 1yr.

Back