72 bow front in-and-out system

magicbuddha19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new 72 bow front aquarium. I have a 46 bow now with a canister filter and want to use a sump for my next tank. I plan on drilling it and saw this online...700 In-N-Out Complete System would that be too small for a 72 bow or would that be ok? all opinions appreciated!!!
 
I believe that is fine. Just remember that your system as a whole needs to turn over about 10-20 times the water volume, so for a 72g, you are looking at 720gph - 1440gph. Most people dont do this by only the over flow. Just ad some power heads to get your flow up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 4 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new