72" Stand Cabinet Doors

  • Thread starter Thread starter HardCory
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
For example
319baa7b50d3c2026652e7ac249db7d9.jpg
 
Here is another sit for forstner bits link You can find some really nice hinges there too.
 
When I first built my stand I built two panel doors and used conventional cabinet hinges. I've since had to replace the hinges from them rusting up real bad. Now when I built the side equipement cabinet I didn't want to use hinges. So I put two dowels on the bottom of each door that aligned with two slightly oversized holes in the face frame.

IMG_20160304_134736304_zpsbgi3nfpw.jpg



On the top of each door I counter sunk a NEO magnet into the door and also built what I called mouse ears that also contained a NEO magnet that aligned with the one in the door. The magnets hold the doors closed. Here's the "mouse ear."

IMG_1818_zpsknz1mxd2.jpg



Here's the finished equipment cabinet with doors in place....and you can just make out the stand door with hinges to the right.

IMG_20160304_134322350_zpsbbf53cky.jpg
 
When I first built my stand I built two panel doors and used conventional cabinet hinges. I've since had to replace the hinges from them rusting up real bad. Now when I built the side equipement cabinet I didn't want to use hinges. So I put two dowels on the bottom of each door that aligned with two slightly oversized holes in the face frame.

IMG_20160304_134736304_zpsbgi3nfpw.jpg



On the top of each door I counter sunk a NEO magnet into the door and also built what I called mouse ears that also contained a NEO magnet that aligned with the one in the door. The magnets hold the doors closed. Here's the "mouse ear."

IMG_1818_zpsknz1mxd2.jpg



Here's the finished equipment cabinet with doors in place....and you can just make out the stand door with hinges to the right.

IMG_20160304_134322350_zpsbbf53cky.jpg
Love it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new