OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thanks for following. I do have a plan in place for the storms. Luckily its not filled as of yet. Matthew has passed us thankfully but definitely hoping for the best for people along the trail. Lots of storm surge. I have Ecotech battery back ups and the generator from the pic which is here. Been saving up to have the electrician complete the transfer switch and wiring. Looking into buying a smaller Honda generator that gives cleaner electricity as I was told this could fry sensitive equipment :-( Hopefully next month I can come up with the money to install a natural gas full home 20k generac generator and have no worries. Next project is buildout of the water stations. Building them a enclosed area to store the containers. Also hoping to polish the glass one more time and get everything in place as far as piping the beast. Got Dry rock about 900 plus pounds which Im hoping to spread among the two systems. 720 and 220 seperate systems. They will only share the water stations. Once all this is set then we put water adn I will likely add 200 pounds of some nice TB or TP aquatics live rock to seed all the dry rock. I will also be purchasing nice amounts or pods to seed as well as 15-20 Green Chromis. :) Once gaain thanks for following along.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also please feel free to chime in with suggestions. Will be purchasing a QT system as well and maybe a Coral QT as well.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to mention the whole house generator. I'm in the process of getting quotes for one on my house. I couldn't imagine frying a lot of equipment. Are you planning on curing all of the dry rock to knock down PO4?

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty awesome dude. when i move into a house i cant go quite as big as 720 but hopefully 200+! awesome start. I always thought about having mine in the wall with a fish room behind it to hide everything.

the hagen biolife filter... you're going to use that or was that just an idea to use ceramic in the sump for more bacteria growth?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TJ I'm just gonna let it resolve itself. I figure the cruddier the start up process the more broken in the system will be when we add fish. With the Genesis system I'm planning on doing 200 galllns changed monthly so I'm hoping the phosphate issue will be resolved. Also not using too much dry pukani which I've read leaks lots of po4. Not sure which are you are on. It estimates for the whole house generator run about 10k. The generator in the pic is a temporary fix.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron that is the one thing I wish I had. No space for the fishroom on its current spot. No tje Biolife was just a flashback lol. I do have the biopure bricks but am wondering whether to use it as I read a lot about silicate leaking.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 200g water changes. I change 60-80g a month manually on my 350g system. I do wish I had the genesis. Seems like you are well on your way. We are probably going to go with a generac for the house. Also, just wanted to say I love the space the tank is in. It seems perfect between the rooms.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have any ideas on the main fish stock of the tank yet?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do and have an order of insertion semi planned out. Coral wise I want mixed. Some of the corals I want kind of have conflicts with what I'm hoping to have as my centerpieces fish wise. The plan is as follows:

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First inhabitants will be about 12-15 Chromises. They will go in once the cycle is complete. Let the bacteria populations grow. With them I'll ad a blue devil damsel and a few of the smaller damsels. They add color and are characters. I'll avoid dominoes as they grow way to large. It was sad to take them out of my older 220 system but they became terrors.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron your correct it's aluminum not silicate. I like the chromises as they are less boisterous than other damsel fish. They also stay out in the column. I'm hoping that with a large population aggression will
Be decreased among themselves. To the point of the aluminum I've read that yellow leathers closeup. Not sure if it is 100% correct but concerning. Nontheless I have plenty of LR and other filtration options.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also please feel free to chime in with suggestions. Will be purchasing a QT system as well and maybe a Coral QT as well.
I suggest posting some pictures of what this will look like this time next year! I don't want to wait that long to see this finished! :p

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second batch of inhabitants will consist of lots of dispar, lyretail, pink square anthias. Likely a harem of about 8-10 disparate, 8-10 lyretails and 5-6 pink square. I do like the blotched anthias but they are much more expensive and can be added later on. On this phase of adding fish I would also likely add a copper and butterfly AMD maybe a Moorish Idol. Debating best time to add them as I would like to have them feeding and established before adding the more boisterous animals. Forgot to mention that a CUC would go in as soon as the Chromis are in for about a week.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, I am following this one also.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back