75 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

Been on reef2reef now for almost 5-6 years now. Needless to say life and my reef journey have taken quite the turns. Started small with a nice 30 gallon, moved to a 93 gallon cube, moved into an apartment then to my 1st house, watched my livestock crash after the move, quit the hobby and sold everything in pure frustration and an angry wife, got back into the hobby with a "budget friendly" 60 gallon sumpless simple setup, now.... we are back to the true glory of the hobby. A fully sump run system that makes life so much easier to maintain, keep livestock, and its rimless so its sharp.

Bought the tank, stand, sump, skimmer, return pump, gfo/carbon reactor used off a local reef group on facebook for only $200. It was in rough shape but after some serious TLC its back to its glory. Without that sweet of deal this would have never happened. Best advice is keep your eyes out and dont jump on something just because... there will always be a deal just be patient.

Full tank shot.jpg

Gear:
75 gallon deep blue rimless center overflow
Eshopps gen 2 rs-100 sump
Reef Octopus 110 INT skimmer
Mag 9.5 (will be going to something way smaller as i have this turned down nearly half way)
BRS dual reactor with GFO and Carbon
Tunze Osmolater ATO
Dual Ecotech Radion RX30W Gen 4 with RMS stands
Ecotech Vortech MP40qd *added 1/15/17
Ecotech ReefLink

Really happy with the way this turned out. Love the scape, love the silence, and most importantly the livestock is very happy. Wife isnt calling it Jake's tank anymore, now its our tank so thats a win! Very lucky to have it in my home office to watch daily and admire often. The silence is the best part did I mention that lol.

Livestock:
Copper banded Butterfly
2 Fairy Wrasses
2 Blue Chromis
2 DaVinchi Clowns
2 Fighting Conch
Assorted Turbos, Nassarious, and Hermits
1 Large Rainbow BTA

Coral:
Purple monti cap
Star-eye Favia
Watermellon Chalice
Assorted green Zoas
Rastas
Some zenia
Some green shrooms
Green birdsnest (as you can see didnt make the switch)
Richordia
Tube Anemone
Green tipped Kenya Tree

Keep subscribed as we add add add. Also any advice on settings for the radions, mp40 settings, and any other tips. Not the first reef tank but the first rimless.

- Jake

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jakemac

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added an MP40qd

MAN THAT THING IS STRONGGGGGG.

Running currently at max 40% but im limiting it to 30% for now

Re-scaped last night a tad (moved the large leather coral)

May have added a few new corals :) nothing big just some GSP, a small leather, some new zoas, a sick new mushroom, and a nice richordia rock to fill some of the rock gaps.

Waiting for update image once the MP40 is set for good in its spot. I may move it to the opposite side. I think my torch has too much flow... Pictures to follow!

Last edited:

Foxy-88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180117_113925_91.jpg

Updated shot with MP40 and newly added coral and moved leather
This tank looks awesome. Love the rimless tank looks sharp. With those lights you have, are you considering any Sps corals? I have a 75 too that's a Sps Lps mix with 2 radion gen 4 xr15s. Love the radions

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jakemac, how's the reef? We'd love to see an update when you get a chance! :D

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%

Back