75 gallon lighting

ThatTennesseeBeardedGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Question #1: Could I use 2 xr15 radion g5s to light this tank for a nice mixed reef.

Question#2: If not I would personally choose 2 xr30 g4s, are there any other alternatives that some may suggest?

S.K.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used multiple primes before but now using t5s. I didnt really like the shimmer from leds and the optic lenses they have.I think radions are way too over prized..
If I have to go with leds then I would go with sbreefing or hydras.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
XR 15: The problem with the all of those style of LEDs is that they cover about an 18"x18" area. If you hang them high and crank them up, 2 might work, but I would bet you'll have some shadows. If you don't have a center brace, 3 might work well.

There are endless LED options. (Ecotech) Radions, AI, kessil, orphek, black boxes. People like the Ecotech stuff, but it is really expensive...which is okay if you're okay with that.

Are you wanting LEDs for sure?

OP
OP
ThatTennesseeBeardedGuy

ThatTennesseeBeardedGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
XR 15: The problem with the all of those style of LEDs is that they cover about an 18"x18" area. If you hang them high and crank them up, 2 might work, but I would bet you'll have some shadows. If you don't have a center brace, 3 might work well.

There are endless LED options. (Ecotech) Radions, AI, kessil, orphek, black boxes. People like the Ecotech stuff, but it is really expensive...which is okay if you're okay with that.

Are you wanting LEDs for sure?
Maybe a t5 led hybrid but I am trying to decide on the base leds to go with.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah, I am really considering 2 hydra 32s as well and I have t5s that I think would be ez enough to supplement with as well.
The 32 is just two Primes, I believe. There is a slight disadvantage compared to 2 separate Primes when it comes to angles and the distance between lights. The 32’s are two pucks fixed together, the primes are 2 independent lights....just more flexibility IMHO

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Kessil 360x’s and 2 orphek or90 bars. Grows everything well and looks good doing so. Initially any lighting with in reason will do well, the long term issue will be the density and growth and the shading issues that come with it. The more fixtures over the tank give you better flexibility when dealing with shading IMHO.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back