75 Gallon Reef Stocking

lightningreef2690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So i recently stumbled upon a Lightning Maroon clown fish at a price so low i couldnt pass it up. So for the meantime i have him in a 5 gallon nano while i set up his new 75 Gallon mixed reef tank. The Lightning Maroon will obviously be the star of the tank, so i need to make sure that any other fish i add will not cause him harm. He will most likely be added last to avoid aggression issues. Im really just looking for some stocking suggestions or advice.

The Current Plan includes

Total of 7-8 Fish

Definite
1. Lightning Maroon clown fish
2. Red Head Saloon Fairy Wrasse or another larger Fairy Wrasse
3. Kole Yellow Eye Tang or another bristletooth tang
4. Blue Spot Jawfish

Optional 3-4 from this list (listed in order of interest
1. Marine Betta
2. Trio of Anthias
3. Mixed Trio of standard and purple Fire fish Gobies
4. One Spot Foxface
5. Bicolor Blenny

I am also open to other suggestions

Thanks.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would add a yellow tang too haha because i love tangs, but maybe a neon dotty back? or a small niger trigger? i do like the anthias trio and everything else in there

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orchid dottyback and flame hawk would be my two additions to your list of certain!

OP
OP
lightningreef2690

lightningreef2690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay well a neon dottyback is on the certain list. I want to move him from my nano reef so that's one more, and if no one has any objections other than personal preference I think I'm going to move the marine betta to the certain list because I really like their look.

That leaves room for 1 or 2 more, but I'm really considering the trio of Anthias, and want to know if you all think that will be too much or still on the safe side. Let me know what ya think and if there are any Anthias you all like in particular. I'm thinking Bartletts or Randalls.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay well a neon dottyback is on the certain list. I want to move him from my nano reef so that's one more, and if no one has any objections other than personal preference I think I'm going to move the marine betta to the certain list because I really like their look.

That leaves room for 1 or 2 more, but I'm really considering the trio of Anthias, and want to know if you all think that will be too much or still on the safe side. Let me know what ya think and if there are any Anthias you all like in particular. I'm thinking Bartletts or Randalls.
Be mindful that the bsj requires a cooler tank temp than most aquarists keep their reef.

Unless they are a bonded pr, firefish are intolerant with one another. In a 75g stick with a single specimen or a bonded pr if you can find it.

OP
OP
lightningreef2690

lightningreef2690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks yeah I actually rehomed the neon dottyback because she began covering every coral in sand. So that's off the list and after witnessing that behavior first-hand I am going to shy away from the jawfish as well. I just don't need that headache.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back