75 gallon stocking

chinta99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for some colorful fish/clean up crew to add to my 75 gallon set up, drop your suggestions.

Current stock:
2x small Ocellaris clownfish
3 small green chromis
1 small Lamarck angelfish
1 small diamond spot goby
1 small algae blenny

thinking of adding a Scopas or a yellow tang but I’m still torn between the two . I’ve also thought about a yellow and green coris wrasse. would prefer if all suggestions are reef safe please . No bangai cardinals or fire fish , I like active fish. Thanks in advance !

OP
OP
C

chinta99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are definitely beautiful , trying to get a lot of different colors in the tank so getting a yellow coris would mean I would no longer have to think about getting a yellow tang

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are definitely beautiful , trying to get a lot of different colors in the tank so getting a yellow coris would mean I would no longer have to think about getting a yellow tang
My tank is 80g overall and was to small for a tang. Fish was stressed from day one. I agree with multi color approach that's what I did also. Check out indigo dottyback, purple fire fish and yellow striped fangtooth blenny. Great fish in your size tank.

Attachments

• 20211125_144003.jpg
    20211125_144003.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220124_164142.jpg
    20220124_164142.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
C

chinta99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 80g overall and was to small for a tang. Fish was stressed from day one. I agree with multi color approach that's what I did also. Check out indigo dottyback, purple fire fish and yellow striped fangtooth blenny. Great fish in your size tank.
What tang did you try if you don’t me asking ?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristletooth white tail. My tank is 36". They really need at least 48. I know people have been successful with them in mid size tanks but not mine and there was no fish aggression it was just tank stress.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small sailfin tang in my 25-gallon, and he did just fine for close to a year until I upgraded to a larger tank (he's still doing awesome). Then I placed a medium size naso tang in my tank and he proceeded to nosedive into an elegance coral within 48 hours. So sometimes it's not the size of the tank - but the size of the brain in the tang.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on the tank and fish.
Hiding spots, behavior etc.

im currently running yellow tang , and yellow eye kole with 2 clowns in my 75g

A scopas is going to be too aggressive so I would def just stick to the yellow . A biota is cool because they’re a little chiller as well.
my wife loves her

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would deffinatly stick away from the Scopas, mine was a devil in my 80g. He was added midway through and any new additions he killed. Got along great with my Small foxface though and would destroy any algae that popped up. I think I lost 4 fish before I managed to catch him out and put him in the larger tank with the aggresive fish. Even in there he was causing trouble so back to the shop he went. Instead of the yellow, I would recommend getting a Onespot Foxface. I love mine and he is my favourite fish. Peaceful aswell, just grow large.

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the tank and fish.
Hiding spots, behavior etc.

im currently running yellow tang , and yellow eye kole with 2 clowns in my 75g

A scopas is going to be too aggressive so I would def just stick to the yellow . A biota is cool because they’re a little chiller as well.
my wife loves her
Wow that’s a lot of tangs. I’m upgrading to 75 and was researching around with most places saying only add 1 tang

Back