75g 4ft stocking help

Tw1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently planning the stock for my 4x1.5x1.5ft, 75 gallon with 2x 3000l/h power heads, lots of like rock and 44lbs of sand. 17gallon sump with filter sock, TMC reef skis rated at 250l/h, hydra 40 filter, KENT Biosediment sand base with live rock. Since the photo i have put the heaters and filter into sump.

So I’ve currently got a pair of common clowns, blood red shrimp, red hermits and some snails.

What else would I be able to put in the tank? I want a good mix of colours and sizes. I would like to have a blue cheek goby. I like the yellow tang, the Lfs said I could have this and a small tang of a different body shape.

I plan to keep some soft corals in the future.

Any advice / stocking suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Congrats on the new tank! Check out the Golden Head Sleeper Goby. Cool looking and sifts the sand, so it's working for you, too.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 75 gal mixed reef, also 4 feet long but different height I think. Fish in it are 2 Percula clowns, a Molly Miller Blenny, a firefish, a roya gramma, an exquisite fairy wrasse, a melanarus wrasse, and a Tomini tang. The melanarus chases the exquisite once in a while but otherwise I haven't seen any agression. I have a diamond goby in quarantine to keep the sand clean, then I will be out of room for sure. My parameters stay in check pretty well without any type of carbon dosing.

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tanks 48"x18"x18" it would actually be a 55/65g (UK/US) which I think would limit your tang choice to the smaller bristletooth species. I've just added a yellow eye kole to my 48"x18"24" if that helps

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also look at a Centropyge angel, I have a captive bred coral beauty and flame angel that have been fine with my soft corals, more expensive than wild caught but both are still available in the UK

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back