75g FOWLR

wiltonk44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am in the works of graduating from a 29g to a 75g FOWLR. I have some stocking ideas but want to see how many fish I can keep in it without being too overstocked.

Currently in tank:
-2 B&W Clowns
-Small anthias species (2.5-3 inches max)
-Goby/shrimp pair
-Purple firefish
-6 cleanup crew members

Fish I'm looking to add and not sure if they can be kept all together or not:
-Coral beauty
-Kole tang
-Flame angel (interested to hear experiences, so many differing opinions)
-Bicolor angel
-Fox face
-lunar or leopard wrasse

I doubt I can fit all of that so any direction to narrow down list would be great! Really trying to have that one larger fish that sticks out so any ideas are welcome!!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Lunar Wrasse for many years, but in a 6-foot tank. Excellent, excellent fish. However I’d say a 4-foot tank, even if not overstocked, might be pushing it. But looking at your list, to tell you the truth, the Bi-Color Angel is one of the most beautiful fish in the sea. Even fish 4-5 times the price. I think that alone would be the star of a 75-gallon.

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like my melanarus wrasse and the tomini tang. Wrasse is super active and looks good on the cheap

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because its a FOWLR your really only limited to dwarf angels. Personally my favorite dwarf angels would be the Purple masked and Potters. However the potters are way harder to keep but would work in a 75 gallon. If your looking for something to be a showstopper I recommend a mandiran dragonet you could go through all the work to get a steady number of pods or you could just get a captive bred. For the wrasse I would 100% agree with getting a melanarus they are a beautiful type of wrasse and would do great in a 75 gallon. The tomini would do great but you could also do a convict which in my experience is the better choice. Nonetheless good luck!

SuperDave531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a little Tomini flame fin in my 75 and he’s such a little character he’s just a little juvenile and is dwarfed by my 7y/o ocellaris.

0F9E4B34-F1D2-42D6-A71B-B3C23F66C04E.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back