8 Week old saltwater tank -White Stringy bits

DJBlacklight

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 8 week old 160L Saltwater tank with my cleanup crew, about 5 turbo snails and 2 blue legged hermits and added 2 clownfish about 2 weeks ago. All is going good so far. Over the past week some white stringy stuff is appearing attached to the rocks I have in there. Is this Algae and should I remove it with a brush or just leave it ?

IMG_20250922_221551987_HDR_PCT.jpg
 
You can siphon it out. Whether it's algae, bacteria, or something else, siphoning it won't hurt anything.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new