80g Shallow Reef Build

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have started a crazy routine of feeding coral everyday and OMG they go nuts. With the awc at 1.2 gal a day and the fuge my water stays perfect.
I want to do the awc so bad!!!!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one moth update after adding the Noopsyche hybrid

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14(biggermeat).jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so happy about my tank the way it has progressed but sadly it's time to move on.
My family pitched in and bought me a new Red Sea xxl750 v3 and it will arrive tomorrow.
I am so excited about this and not sure if I should continue on and do the new build here or make a separate thread as I dont want to get in trouble with mods if it's not allowed to make another thread.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have as many threads as you want. I say start a new one, just be sure to link to it here so we can all find it!

EDIT: oh, and congratulations!

Last edited:

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a order for some parts--
Milwaukee MA887 Digital Salinity Refractometer with Automatic Temperature Compensation
2x VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control 165W LED Aquarium Light - Yes I know they are black box but they are good.
XP Aqua Ultimate ATO - Complete 4-Sensor Aquarium Auto-Top-Off System

More orders will be placed today :)
Did you get rid of noopscyhe? I am thinkking of ordering 2 for a 36 bowfront. How didi they work for oyu. I am trying to decide between radion g5 15's ocean revive, sb reef, noopschye and really like illumagic but p;ricey and cant really use those when i upgrade to my 90 or maybe a 120. I know its a big price difference between raddion and the others but If i get them then I wont get the apex. BUt I dont know much about apex and may not get one anyway ,probably makes better sense to wait until I upgrade. I live in floriad and with huricans and lightening storms I need som type of baattery back up for sure and I recently had a crash from salinity so that the main reason I wont one but I use my hanna checker all the time now so dont see that happening again with salinity! Anyway, sorry to stray, but how did you like the lights, did they grow coral and color up well and have a lot of color pop? I like mars aqua to ust no way to mount them, without building something

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back