8ft 240 Gal Aquascape Ideas

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to set up my 8ft x 2ft x 2ft sps dominate reef tank soon! I am not sure how I want to aquascape it yet, but I am leaning towards a lifted barebottom aquascape. Anyone have some 8ft x 2ft x 2ft tank inspiration (any tank is appreciated tho)! I want this to be my forever tank.
Screenshot_20210704-110721_Gallery.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not geared toward sps, but it was once. I have plate growing on the back walls in huge rings. I would not even try to lift aquascape as I am not that talented, but I see others with it done and they like it.

My tank is island and lots of swimming room and room for growth. What type of sps? Encrusters, branching, plating? Can have impact on how to place the aquascape.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the NSA on my 180g using the BRS method of super glue, insta-set and mortar. I think it's by far the best aquascape I've ever had.

Pictures don't really show the depth, but here's a snapshot. Like the ledge on the right is actually an arm that circles around from the side to the front. On the left side, you can't tell but there is an arm that goes across the front, but it's not actually touching the smaller rock behind it on the right side. And both sides are also lower in the front and get higher towards the back.

I didn't have a plan, I just started breaking rocks and put them together as I could. Took a few days, but it was totally worth it. Make sure you cover all the super glue parts with cement. There are a few areas where the rocks were smaller and I didn't bother, and they don't look as good as the cemented parts do. It's hard to see many of the seams with the cement these days, but the 3 super glue spots are very noticeable.

Also they can get kind of heavy, so be careful in that aspect for when it comes to putting them into the tank.

9lKEsGK.jpg

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of those look great! I think I might do a lifted aquascape with no sand, but not sure yet.

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand correctly what you mean by lifted aquascape, then this dude mastered it:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back