OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I lost one of my cardinals don't know why fine this mornin then apperantley just killed over sometime today. Cleanup crew disposed of him quick

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I lost one of my cardinals don't know why fine this mornin then apperantley just killed over sometime today. Cleanup crew disposed of him quick
Sorry for your loss man. I know the feeling

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not always man, nature will take its course.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you blesk I stay glued to it most of the time. I've really gotten into this hobby more than I thought I would now I'm addicted.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropping by to check yours out, updated pics?

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459853898.195430.jpg

Here is the latest picture I have. nothing much new really, just in cruise control. been noticing my alk is staying alittle low but I'm running GFO I read somewhere it can cause that to happen? I'll try to get some new pics. I have pineapple sponges everywhere and still diatoms on the back glass and sand bed so I'm apperantley getting silicates from somewhere.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man, everything looks settled in.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea everything is going good if I could just get these silly reef radiance leds to settle in and stop losing their program! I am getting a lot of diatoms on the sand bed if I can get that cleared up I'll be real happy I thought about a sand softer of some sort starfish or conch or something what do you think. I'm showing 0 tds maybe I'm getting silicates from my trash container I'm storing my Rodi water in?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your clean up crew level? You can get a sand sifting star but I'd recommend about two. But that might be too much due to your tanks age (young) I have one and he's all through the sand.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of. My lights are supposed to come in tomar so that's exciting I bought the reef radiance star fire Genesis. As for the tank looks like still have ammonia but my nitrites are rising. I expect the ammonia to start falling off anytime. These Api test kits are hard to read. I'll post some new photos when I get the lights mounted. Still haven't decided yet how I'm gonna do it may bend aluminum and come across the back. Thanks for following along!

Pick up some Red Sea Pro test kits. Really easy to use and that's good because we tend to use em a lot!

Welcome to CR

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much crew left thanks to hermits. I have like two or three nasserous real small like nano size lol. Also two turbos and I'd say 13 or 14 crabs. A red fromia star if that's classified as clean up crew. What do you suggest in terms of cuc? I'd def like to get a sand sifting starfish eventually.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much crew left thanks to hermits. I have like two or three nasserous real small like nano size lol. Also two turbos and I'd say 13 or 14 crabs. A red fromia star if that's classified as clean up crew. What do you suggest in terms of cuc? I'd def like to get a sand sifting starfish eventually.
Astrea snails is what you want my friend. They get the job done and get it done well. Your tank has been setup longer than mine so a sand sifting star should be fine as mine is still kicking.

OP
OP
Catchemall

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Cameron why would my Zoas be getting smaller in size and disappearing I'm pretty sure no hit hikers because dry rock and dipped everything. I have been running GFO and my water is clean besides maybe some silicates no nitrates and not sure of phosphate I presume low with GFO. But I stopped running GFO last night because I ran out. As for my other parameter they've all been pretty good. Is my water too clean? Been doing weekly water changes of 10%

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Cameron why would my Zoas be getting smaller in size and disappearing I'm pretty sure no hit hikers because dry rock and dipped everything. I have been running GFO and my water is clean besides maybe some silicates no nitrates and not sure of phosphate I presume low with GFO. But I stopped running GFO last night because I ran out. As for my other parameter they've all been pretty good. Is my water too clean? Been doing weekly water changes of 10%
Sounds like they are melting to me. Zoas do like nitrates, but not a substantial amount. How long has this been going on?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back