90 GALLON CUBE - NECESSARY HARDWARE

MichaelFita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon Everyone !
I am reaching out to my r2r friends in order to get some advice on an up and coming reef tank i would like to build . I currently have a Fluval 32.5 AIO And it has been serving me great ! But as you know ..... It is time for me to upgrade to something a little sleeker and bigger . I have found a fantastic deal online for a used Cube tank that already has a pump ,sump, and stand . My questions to you guys is :
- What lighting do you recommend for a 90 gallon cube ? I do not need all the bells and whistles , just a light that will help grow my hammers and torches . i have a few zoanthids as well . I am mainly looking for something that would be controlled from my phone (doesn't have to be though) .
-What else would you guys recommend getting other than wavemakers, skimmers etc as i already have those prepared .
- What kind of livestock can i expect to fit into a cube ? i currently have :
1 Frostbite Clown and a Mocha Clown
A couple snails and crabs .
I'm mainly looking at upgrading so i could be able to add a few other friends into the reef !!!
Any help is greatly appreciated , feel free to throw in some cool Aquascaped cubes to give me some inspiration as well !
Happy reefing guys

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon Everyone !
I am reaching out to my r2r friends in order to get some advice on an up and coming reef tank i would like to build . I currently have a Fluval 32.5 AIO And it has been serving me great ! But as you know ..... It is time for me to upgrade to something a little sleeker and bigger . I have found a fantastic deal online for a used Cube tank that already has a pump ,sump, and stand . My questions to you guys is :
- What lighting do you recommend for a 90 gallon cube ? I do not need all the bells and whistles , just a light that will help grow my hammers and torches . i have a few zoanthids as well . I am mainly looking for something that would be controlled from my phone (doesn't have to be though) .
-What else would you guys recommend getting other than wavemakers, skimmers etc as i already have those prepared .
- What kind of livestock can i expect to fit into a cube ? i currently have :
1 Frostbite Clown and a Mocha Clown
A couple snails and crabs .
I'm mainly looking at upgrading so i could be able to add a few other friends into the reef !!!
Any help is greatly appreciated , feel free to throw in some cool Aquascaped cubes to give me some inspiration as well !
Happy reefing guys
What are the dimensions? 30x30x24? For the lights I would just put two cheap black boxes. I ran 4 of them for years over my 120g. You can't control them from your phone but its a nice set it and forget it light.

Some of my favorite fish and they would all do great in that tank: Marine beta, long nose hawkfish, royal gramma, some type of leopard/coris wrasse (I would do yellow coris in your tank plus a leopard wrasse). If you only plan to keep torches and hammers I would also go with a flame angel or coral beauty. Those are my two favorite pygmy angels.

I also like lawnmower blennies for film algae. A small tang would be fine in there also.

OP
OP
MichaelFita

MichaelFita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions? 30x30x24? For the lights I would just put two cheap black boxes. I ran 4 of them for years over my 120g. You can't control them from your phone but its a nice set it and forget it light.

Some of my favorite fish and they would all do great in that tank: Marine beta, long nose hawkfish, royal gramma, some type of leopard/coris wrasse (I would do yellow coris in your tank plus a leopard wrasse). If you only plan to keep torches and hammers I would also go with a flame angel or coral beauty. Those are my two favorite pygmy angels.

I also like lawnmower blennies for film algae. A small tang would be fine in there also.
Yes the dimensions are 30x30x24 !
I haven’t had anyone complain about the black box lights so I might aswell give them a shot . Thank you for the reply . I will keep you posted once I make my decision but a small tang would be awesome !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back