90 gallon stocking suggestions

bgarcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently upgraded from a 40 gallon cube to a 90 gallon tank. It is a reef tank, though it's mainly soft coral ,couple of leathers, GSP, zoas,couple of palys, mushrooms and 4 bubble tip anemones. I currently have a gold stripe maroon clown, black oscillaris clown, yellow eyed kole tang, purple fire fish and a yellow candy hog fish. Looking for possible fish I can add to get a lot of movement in the tank that are reef compatible. Any suggestions are appreciated!
4ffb475c9e73ee7e75659363cebc2b9b.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a school of Lemon Chromis? I'm considering a school of them for my own 90. Been looking for some mid-top action swimmers.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got room.... wrasses, basslet and blenny

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into fairy wrasse as well as a dwarf angel (most common being flame or coral beauty). for the wrasse, you could potentially do a couple depending on what species you're interested in. If i had to choose two fairy wrasse i would go with a Lubbock's and a Solarensis. As long as they are healthy, these wrasse shouldn't have any problems with your nems. You could also venture into the Halichoeres genus of wrasse(but they do need a sand bed at least 2" deep)
A blenny or some sort of goby would also work out fine.. They don't add as much movement compared to other fish, but they definitely have some personality!

Efranco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently upgraded from a 40 gallon cube to a 90 gallon tank. It is a reef tank, though it's mainly soft coral ,couple of leathers, GSP, zoas,couple of palys, mushrooms and 4 bubble tip anemones. I currently have a gold stripe maroon clown, black oscillaris clown, yellow eyed kole tang, purple fire fish and a yellow candy hog fish. Looking for possible fish I can add to get a lot of movement in the tank that are reef compatible. Any suggestions are appreciated!
4ffb475c9e73ee7e75659363cebc2b9b.jpg
nice tank

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely get a wrasse, but I suggest not a fairy but one that will work for its keep. Our favorite is a menanarus wrasse. He will eat almost all pests and will leave your corals alone providing he is fed. They are very friendly and are constantly swimming, on the hunt. The only thing to be cautious with them is with corals like xenia and clovers as they might nip at those, as well as clams/oysters.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back