90 reef lighting

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for semi budget lights for my 90 gallon 24 tall 48 long 22 wide. Softies bubble tips and torches/hammers. Thinking about two 150 watt nicrews and a Fluval marine light bar, any opinions?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would completely skip the fluval marine light as it isnt a powerful light at all and wont really help with shading issues.

A lot of options out there, but it will depend on a few things; What is your budget? Do you like a bluer vs whiter looking led? How much do you care about shimmer? Do you need certain mounting options?

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would completely skip the fluval marine light as it isnt a powerful light at all and wont really help with shading issues.

A lot of options out there, but it will depend on a few things; What is your budget? Do you like a bluer vs whiter looking led? How much do you care about shimmer? Do you need certain mounting options?
It’s a rimmed Aquion 90 budget is probably around $500 two lights are needed as the tank is split down the middle by a support. Don’t care about anything but coral growth and performance for price.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two NooPsyche K7 Pros would do the trick, and meet your budget constraints. I just replaced the Kessils on my 180 with them and couldn't be happier. You can't beat the price to performance ratio! @Zach B is the exclusive North American distributor for them and has lightning fast shipping. He can answer any questions you have about them.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back