90G stock list

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank a 4ft tank? If so....

Fox Face- TBH I wouldn’t be comfortable having one in less than a 110g+ 5ft tank. I think they can get to 7-8” and seem to grow quickly.

Yellow Eye Kole Tang- Great. People say a 75 is fine for the smaller Bristletooth Tangs but personally I would be more comfortable with at least a 90 long term.

Blue Green Chromis- Yes but mixed reports of people keeping them in groups. I’m going to let others share their experiences.

Clownfish pair- Great.

Diamond Watchman Goby- They’re a sand sifting genus that often don’t take aquarium foods and even if they do can wither away over time. IMO only for very large tanks with very mature sand beds. Instead I’d encourage you to look at a shrimp and goby pair. Yellow Watchman, Randall’s, Pink Spotted, Orange Spotted, Wheeler’s etc.

Yellow or Green Coris Wrasse- Both are beautiful fish and good pest hunters too. Maybe ask for more opinions on the Green Coris with regards to their temperament as they do get a bit larger (some say they get to 8” but IMO around 5.5-6.5” is probably more common)

I think you could also look into some basslets, Chrysiptera (or some Pomacentrus damsels- either genus has options IMO better than the Chromis). Ones like the Yellowtail Blue, Azure, Starcki’s etc. are all individually much better looking than Blue-Green Chromis.

Midas Blenny, fairy and flasher wrasses (not sure about compatibility with the Green so ask), Dartfish (an option though IMO a bit too jumpy and timid for me), dwarf angel, maybe even a smaller, somewhat more reef safe butterfly like a Roaps (Burgess, Tinker’s) or Atlantic Long Nose?

Maybe a Sunburst Anthias but not sure how easy / hard they are to keep.

Hawkfish. Just make sure that the species you’ve chosen isn’t too aggressive and more on the safe side if you plan to keep inverts. Ask around.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank a 4ft tank? If so....

Fox Face- TBH I wouldn’t be comfortable having one in less than a 110g+ 5ft tank. I think they can get to 7-8” and seem to grow quickly.

Yellow Eye Kole Tang- Great. People say a 75 is fine for the smaller Bristletooth Tangs but personally I would be more comfortable with at least a 90 long term.

Blue Green Chromis- Yes but mixed reports of people keeping them in groups. I’m going to let others share their experiences.

Clownfish pair- Great.

Diamond Watchman Goby- They’re a sand sifting genus that often don’t take aquarium foods and even if they do can wither away over time. IMO only for very large tanks with very mature sand beds. Instead I’d encourage you to look at a shrimp and goby pair. Yellow Watchman, Randall’s, Pink Spotted, Orange Spotted, Wheeler’s etc.

Yellow or Green Coris Wrasse- Both are beautiful fish and good pest hunters too. Maybe ask for more opinions on the Green Coris with regards to their temperament as they do get a bit larger (some say they get to 8” but IMO around 5.5-6.5” is probably more common)

I think you could also look into some basslets, Chrysiptera (or some Pomacentrus damsels- either genus has options IMO better than the Chromis), Midas Blenny, fairy and flasher wrasses (not sure about compatibility with the Green so ask), Dartfish (an option though IMO a bit too jumpy and timid for me), dwarf angel, maybe even a smaller, somewhat more reef safe butterfly like a Roaps (Burgess, Tinker’s) or
Atlantic Long Nose (P. Aculeatus).

Captive Bred Bangaii Cardinals, Pajama Cardinals, Orange Lined Cardinals.

Hawkfish. Just make sure species is not too aggressive and on the safe side with inverts. Ask around.

Maybe a Sunburst Anthias? Not sure how easy / hard they are to keep though.

Jocey76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I have a diamond goby in my 90 gal and he is a great eater. We have 4 inches of sand that has been growing for ~10 months and I like how he cleans up the top. He's really fun to watch and it's cute how he tucks himself into his cave every night.

That's the only advice I can give since I haven't kept any of the other fish mentioned. My stock list is:
- pair of mochavinci clowns
- midas blenny
- royal gramma
- helfrichi firefish
- diamond goby
- banggai cardinal
- spotted mandarin

I'm probably looking to get one more, then focus on adding coral once everyone gets along.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back