911 :Clownfish Sick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cstar_BC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cstar_BC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
724
Reaction score
1,241
Location
Vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what this is -
Any help appreciated

does not appear to be Ick - the other fish is fine. Is the slime coat being injured by the carpet ?

F71D0697-6A2B-4122-84AA-9B704844AC9D.jpeg 42F85450-2836-4562-9092-946DAE4C1FA9.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6385.MOV
    42.3 MB
Video wont load for me. Looks like it cooed possible be Brooklynella. Any other systems besides whats going on with its slime coat?
 
any other fish affected? kinda looks like nem grabbed??/ jmo
 
Video wont load for me. Looks like it cooed possible be Brooklynella. Any other systems besides whats going on with its slime coat?
i loaded video to tumblr - it doesn’t seem to be brooklynella - this looks like individual tufts compared to an all over slime coat issue - thanks for reminding me of it though
any other fish affected? kinda looks like nem grabbed??/ jmo

Other fish is fine - no issue, both eating well


It does kind of look like that - any reason why it suddenly would flare up ?
I feed a mix of flake and frozen , is there something else I should be supplementing?
 
Ok so just to update. I am going to chalk this up to the carpet anemone .

it’s been a few hours and the fuzzy bits are gone and there are now just faint indents on the body.

I think what threw me was the “fuzzy” look , but maybe that was just the slime coat reacting?

anyway thank you everyone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new