92 Corner - First ICP Results

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TCoach

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
648
Reaction score
611
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first ICP results on my tank. Only red flags from Triton are for Tin, Bromine, and Lithium. I’ve read the Tin may be a false positive, but I also saw some rust on the screws of my black box refugium light. What about the Bro,one and Lithium?

Any way, any other big flags stick out? The tank is a mixed reef leaning more towards SPS.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

The tin is potentially high enough to be a concern. I'd read up on sources, which include plastic tubing.

The lithium and bromine are no concern at all, IMO.
 
I do not know of a reason to think tin is a false positive. I would not assume it is.

Iodine is high. Are you dosing it?
Yes, 1ml/day Of Seachem Iodide. My research showed that most tanks are low in iodine and the dosing for my tank was around the 1ml/day range.

Any dangers at the level it is at?
 
The tin is potentially high enough to be a concern. I'd read up on sources, which include plastic tubing.

The lithium and bromine are no concern at all, IMO.
@Randy Besides water changes, is there anything that can help with remove the tin? Polyfilters?
 
@Randy Besides water changes, is there anything that can help with remove the tin? Polyfilters?

Tin can be tricky as there are many forms that may be present. I think water changes are often used, and I do not recall if anyone had good success with metal binders. If it is coming out of plastic, it may well already be strongly bound to an organic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new