93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No luck on Craigslist? I see 55g all the time over here. 40 breeders sometimes

all are a mess or way over priced or complete setups. I just need tanks

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give Central Garden and Pet a call since they are the distributor for Aqueon and or Marineland. Of course they won't sell to you at Petco or Petsmart prices but they are wholesale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give Central Garden and Pet a call since they are the distributor for Aqueon and or Marineland. Of course they won't sell to you at Petco or Petsmart prices but they are wholesale.

thanks! Hadnt heard of that one

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.central.com is the Web address with locations all around the country. I seem to remember that they actually bought out Aqueon/Marineland. Part of a large distribution and manufacturing network that gobbled up most of the distribution chain in the 1990's and early 2000's. Think the main mover is or was part of Wells Fargo Bank. It is like doing business with the devil but they control a major part of all things pet related in the U.S.

Don't tell them I said that...I might need them some day lol.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 more weekends to work on the store. I will be working almost every night after work on it as well.

Have to take a break Thursday night for early Valentine's day. (long story but that's the day we have) and tonight for birthday cake for Tim. (Birthday was the 5th but he was at his mom's and working until today)

@Brew12 can tell you what a difference the last three weeks have made. We have been working our tails off!

I announced the Grand Opening on FB and, like I said before, it's amazing the response and it continues to grow. I am afraid about how many burgers and hot dogs I am going to have to cook! LOL!

We moved the party to something private for about 25 people because we figure, if only 10% of the people who have said they are coming actually show up, there is no way to feed about 150 people a full meal. ;Jawdrop :oops:

Oh! New T-shirt design:
(This is the back)

A25932E6-F7E4-4A5D-9CF8-5C8590272CCE.jpeg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I screwed up and made the openings for all but one of the floating tanks a 1/4" too small. Guess which one I tested to make sure the tanks fit before we painted. :(

As luck would have it though, there was a spacer we nailed in to center the tanks better. This spacer happened to be 1/4" thick. A quick removal of 27 spacers, jig fabrication for flush trimming and using the flush trim bit on a trim router and viola! the tanks now fit and the openings are ready. The tanks don't look off center oddly enough.

All of the priming on the floating walls a is done! All the painting (save for touch up) of the floating walls, pool surround and big blue monster will be done tomorrow! WOOHOO!

All the glass strips got siliconed on the floating tanks today.

I have also printed 36 legs so far for the frag racks. I need 36 more (I think)

I am in desperate need of 4 x 55 gallon tank and 2 x 40 breeders. I am gonna have to pay full retail I guess. UGH!

Tomorrow air pump plumbing gets done and the holding tanks filled up.
Around here pet co and pet supplies plus have $1/gallon sale going on those sizes

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4 more weekends to work on the store. I will be working almost every night after work on it as well.

Have to take a break Thursday night for early Valentine's day. (long story but that's the day we have) and tonight for birthday cake for Tim. (Birthday was the 5th but he was at his mom's and working until today)

@Brew12 can tell you what a difference the last three weeks have made. We have been working our tails off!

I announced the Grand Opening on FB and, like I said before, it's amazing the response and it continues to grow. I am afraid about how many burgers and hot dogs I am going to have to cook! LOL!

We moved the party to something private for about 25 people because we figure, if only 10% of the people who have said they are coming actually show up, there is no way to feed about 150 people a full meal. ;Jawdrop :oops:

Oh! New T-shirt design:
(This is the back)

A25932E6-F7E4-4A5D-9CF8-5C8590272CCE.jpeg
Will you have these for sale when we come down?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back