93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much to update. I have been super busy on stuff around the shop/workshop area.

Also, the good Lord has blessed me with a new job for more money and less hours and few minutes closer to home. ;Happy

I will get some more done on the tank this weekend and post updates.

I am really excited!

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much to update. I have been super busy on stuff around the shop/workshop area.

Also, the good Lord has blessed me with a new job for more money and less hours and few minutes closer to home. ;Happy

I will get some more done on the tank this weekend and post updates.

I am really excited!

Wow, sounds perfect! Congratulations!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or better yet, a cube warming and everyone bring frags!
None of my good stuff is even close to being ready to frag. Only some zoas and birds nests. Maybe a monti cap or two. Actually, at this point I'm juts glad I have things growing instead of dying!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my good stuff is even close to being ready to frag. Only some zoas and birds nests. Maybe a monti cap or two. Actually, at this point I'm juts glad I have things growing instead of dying!

Well the floor is getting painted next weekend since u have about a month or so for the month cap to grow.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the second coat of paint on the stand and the equipment panel. Looks MUCH better!

I finished resealing the 150 for the customer. I have taped off for the baffles in her 55 gallon sump and will get those done this week.

By the weekend I want to mod her stand, drill her 150 and my cube and put the baffles in her sump. That way the carport will be rid of her stuff and I can move the cube and stand out for the floor painting.

WHEW! I am exhausted just thinking about all that. :D

I have to update the cost sheet because I ordered a little something I will post about tonight. ;)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this for $19 with shipping:

nanooverflow.jpg

Seems pretty well built. There weren't measurements on their site and I didn't pay attention and should have gotten the one a little bit deeper from front to back, but, I think I can make it work for my project. If not, I can always order a second one and drill the hole higher for it for my herbie setup. Or, just go the way I was going to in the beginning and use this on another setup.

We shall see...

BTW, I needed some uniseals for something and I was able to have them throw them in the box cheap! @Modular Marine is a great vendor!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we were at $697.64.

$697.64 + $19 = $716.64

Now, believe it or not, unless I have to buy a second overflow, I am done spending money on this until it's wet!!!

I WILL MAKE MY GOAL!!!

I can't tell you how giddy this makes me. Almost $300 is a good start for livestock. :D

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second coat done. Have to get more trim paint and baseboard. Two weeks and the living room will be done!

I will make it by the end of October @Brew12
Better keep busy!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so the floor is not drying as quickly as the website said it would. :(

We will literally have to stay out of the living room for two weeks. I have confirmed this with other dissatisfied customers. :mad:

But, I will put down contractor paper in two weeks to finish the trim and then start setting up the tank.

I am hoping to have water in it the weekend after that.

Meanwhile, I will finish the stand doors and do all the plumbing and leak testing in the carport. Since everything will be put together with unions, I will be able to disassemble and bring it back inside when the time comes. I am going to get a couple of trash cans to start making RODI water in a couple weeks as well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back