93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be something to this. I'm my wife's 3rd husband even if it is my first marriage. Couldn't imagine it being any better and we are about to hit our 14th anniversary.

Does it make me a bad person if I am grateful she had to deal with the 2 previous bad marriages so I could benefit? :confused:
No, it doesn't.

It just means you are fortunate!

Be worthy.
[emoji846]

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See @crusso1993. #3 really is the magic number.
[emoji56]

Or as I told a 20+ year coworker last year.
"You better be nice to that girl! You're too old to go looking for #4 and I'm too old to help you move out again."

'Free advice, freely given.'
[emoji16]

'I'm here to help.'
[emoji56]
Don't forget, "cheaper to keep her."

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, most of the platoon came out of the gas chamber puking, crying and snotting.

Not our boy. Comes out smiling in the first pic of him and winking at the camera in the second one. Wish I could post to social media but it's not allowed.

HOOAH!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, most of the platoon came out of the gas chamber puking, crying and snotting.

Not our boy. Comes out smiling in the first pic of him and winking at the camera in the second one. Wish I could post to social media but it's not allowed.

HOOAH!
That is great! It definitely bothers some more than others. I didn't have much of a problem when I had to go through the gas chamber. James didn't either. Some people took days to recover.... Not sure I would have winked at a camera on my way out though!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also going to say that I am jealous that you have gotten pictures and phone calls! Don't get spoiled by that since you have to do this again next year. Unless things change by then, there are some pictures taken of recruits at Parris Island during training and posted to a Facebook page. Most of them are from far enough away that you can't recognize the individual recruits. We couldn't make James out in any of them. And phone calls just don't happen. They make a 20 second phone call to read a card letting you know they made it safely. The next phone call we got was the week before graduation 11 weeks later. No phone calls on Thanksgiving, none on Christmas...

Enjoy these while you can!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also going to say that I am jealous that you have gotten pictures and phone calls! Don't get spoiled by that since you have to do this again next year. Unless things change by then, there are some pictures taken of recruits at Parris Island during training and posted to a Facebook page. Most of them are from far enough away that you can't recognize the individual recruits. We couldn't make James out in any of them. And phone calls just don't happen. They make a 20 second phone call to read a card letting you know they made it safely. The next phone call we got was the week before graduation 11 weeks later. No phone calls on Thanksgiving, none on Christmas...

Enjoy these while you can!

Yeah it's gonna be rough when Tim goes for sure.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I secured my vacation days for both the graduation and MACNA and still have some time left over for RAP Chiraq and Christmas. Sweet!
MACNA should be a blast this year. Too bad you have to work the event!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA should be a blast this year. Too bad you have to work the event!

I am actually looking forward to it. I have been once (MACNA 2 believe it or not!) I am more interested in the business end of the conference now.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HOOAH!
Hooah!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This photo is from the company FB page. I am allowed to repost it.

66231514_2547782751908773_3061134049260077056_n.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Tim had his first accident. The mercedes he bought had the hood latch break, hood flew up, smashed in the windshield and ruined the hood.

No one hurt drove the car home a couple miles.

We found a parts car cheaper than the hood and windshield and are picking it up tomorrow.

So, all in all, it worked out because we were supposed to drive 3 hours tomorrow to get new fenders for it and the car we bought is only 35 miles away and has good parts on it already and a bunch of extra parts we can store.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There may be something to this. I'm my wife's 3rd husband even if it is my first marriage. Couldn't imagine it being any better and we are about to hit our 14th anniversary.

Does it make me a bad person if I am grateful she had to deal with the 2 previous bad marriages so I could benefit? :confused:
No, it makes you smart.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So Tim had his first accident. The mercedes he bought had the hood latch break, hood flew up, smashed in the windshield and ruined the hood.

No one hurt drove the car home a couple miles.

We found a parts car cheaper than the hood and windshield and are picking it up tomorrow.

So, all in all, it worked out because we were supposed to drive 3 hours tomorrow to get new fenders for it and the car we bought is only 35 miles away and has good parts on it already and a bunch of extra parts we can store.
Thank God!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God!

Luckily, I grew up around mechanics and machinists so we can fix it. There is no way, given the damage we could ever afford to pay for it to be done, besides, I highly doubt the car would be worth the cost.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back